Re: [XMLRPCNET] Re: System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder exception under Windows Phone 7

  • Charles Cook
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 17, 2011
      Hi Roland: I think certain headers may be ignored if you try to set them.
      The project is built for Silverlight 3 which doesn't support setting the
      Credentials property. Silverlight 4 does though so I will be changing the
      project to build for Silverlight 4.

      This blog has some details about credentials in Silverlight 4:

      http://mark.mymonster.nl/2009/12/02/silverlight-4-credentials-weve-got-it

      :Charles

    • Charles Cook
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 17, 2011
        Looks like we should be using the client HTTP stack in Silverlight. This has
        support for headers (but Silverlight 4 still necessary for Credentials
        support):

        http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jprosise/archive/2009/10/14/silverlight-3-s-new-client-networking-stack.aspx

      • geniali74
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 18, 2011
          Hi Charles

          Thanks for your answer.
          I've a project if it works. Only the deserials of the request data not work.

          It is a Windows Phone 7 project.

          Code:
          -----
          internal class PartyPartyProxy : XmlRpcClientProtocol
          {
          private static object[] _Domain = {new object()};
          private static object[] _Field = new object[] {};
          private static object[] _Order = new object[] {};
          private Setting _Setting;

          #region async SearchRead

          public PartyPartyProxy(Setting setting)
          {
          Url = string.Format("{0}://{1}:{2}/{3}", setting.UrlProtocol, setting.Domain, setting.Port, setting.Database);
          UseIntTag = true;
          _Setting = setting;
          }

          public IAsyncResult BeginSearchRead(AsyncCallback callback)
          {
          return Begin(_Domain, 0, int.MaxValue, _Order, _Field, callback);
          }

          #region XML RPC

          [XmlRpcBegin("model.party.party.search_read")]
          private IAsyncResult Begin(object[] domain, int offset, int limit, object[] order, object[] field,
          AsyncCallback callback)
          {
          return BeginInvoke(MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod(), new object[] { domain, offset, limit, order, field, _Setting.Context },
          callback, null);
          }

          [XmlRpcEnd]
          private XmlRpcStruct[] End(IAsyncResult iasr)
          {
          XmlRpcStruct[] ret = (XmlRpcStruct[])EndInvoke(iasr);
          return ret;
          }

          public static XmlRpcStruct[] EndSearchRead(IAsyncResult iasr)
          {
          XmlRpcAsyncResult rpcAsyncResult = iasr as XmlRpcAsyncResult;

          if (rpcAsyncResult != null)
          {
          PartyPartyProxy partyProxy = rpcAsyncResult.ClientProtocol as PartyPartyProxy;

          if (partyProxy != null)
          {
          XmlRpcStruct[] resutl = partyProxy.End(iasr);

          return resutl;
          }
          }

          return null;
          }

          #endregion XML RPC

          #endregion async SearchRead

          private static void SetBasicAuthHeader(WebHeaderCollection headers, string user, string password)
          {
          string authInfo = user + ":" + password;
          authInfo = Convert.ToBase64String(Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(authInfo));
          headers["Authorization"] = "Basic " + authInfo;
          }

          protected override WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
          {
          WebRequest webRequest = WebRequest.Create(uri);
          SetBasicAuthHeader(webRequest.Headers, _Setting.UserName, _Setting.Passwort);

          return webRequest;
          }
          }

          Call:
          -----
          PartyPartyProxy partyProxy = new PartyPartyProxy(this.Setting);
          partyProxy.BeginSearchRead(SetResult);

          private void SetResult(IAsyncResult ar)
          {
          XmlRpcStruct[] resutl = PartyPartyProxy.EndSearchRead(ar);

          foreach (XmlRpcStruct xmlRpcStruct in resutl)
          {
          PartyModel partyModel = new PartyModel();
          partyModel.Id = (int)xmlRpcStruct["id"];
          partyModel.Name = (string)xmlRpcStruct["name"];

          Partys.Add(partyModel);
          }
          }

          Exception:
          ----------

          In this Method.

          XmlRpcResponse ReadResponse(XmlRpcRequest req, WebResponse webResp, Stream respStm)
          {
          HttpWebResponse httpResp = (HttpWebResponse)webResp;
          if (httpResp.StatusCode != HttpStatusCode.OK)
          {
          // status 400 is used for errors caused by the client
          // status 500 is used for server errors (not server application
          // errors which are returned as fault responses)
          if (httpResp.StatusCode == HttpStatusCode.BadRequest)
          throw new XmlRpcException(httpResp.StatusDescription);
          else
          throw new XmlRpcServerException(httpResp.StatusDescription);
          }
          var deserializer = new XmlRpcResponseDeserializer();
          deserializer.NonStandard = _nonStandard;
          Type retType = req.mi.ReturnType;
          XmlRpcResponse xmlRpcResp= deserializer.DeserializeResponse(respStm, req.ReturnType);
          return xmlRpcResp;
          }

          In the Line:
          else
          throw new XmlRpcServerException(httpResp.StatusDescription);

          XML Request (Fiddler):
          ----------------------
          <?xml version="1.0"?>
          <methodCall>
          <methodName>model.party.party.search_read</methodName>
          <params>
          <param>
          <value>
          <array>
          <data>
          <value>
          <array>
          <data />
          </array>
          </value>
          <value>
          <array>
          <data>
          <value>
          <string>id</string>
          </value>
          <value>
          <string>in</string>
          </value>
          <value>
          <array>
          <data>
          <value>
          <int>1</int>
          </value>
          <value>
          <int>2</int>
          </value>
          </data>
          </array>
          </value>
          </data>
          </array>
          </value>
          </data>
          </array>
          </value>
          </param>
          <!-- deltet params-->
          </params>
          </methodCall>

          XML Response (Fiddler):
          -----------------------
          <?xml version='1.0'?>
          <methodResponse>
          <params>
          <param>
          <value>
          <array>
          <data>
          <value>
          <struct>
          <member>
          <name>code</name>
          <value>
          <string>2</string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>create_date</name>
          <value>
          <dateTime.iso8601>20110516T08:38:07</dateTime.iso8601>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>addresses</name>
          <value>
          <array>
          <data>
          <value>
          <int>2</int>
          </value>
          </data>
          </array>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>payment_term</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>0</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>write_uid</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>0</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>full_name</name>
          <value>
          <string>Foo & Bar AG</string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>vat_number</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>0</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>id</name>
          <value>
          <int>2</int>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>receivable</name>
          <value>
          <double>0.0</double>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>create_uid</name>
          <value>
          <int>1</int>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>receivable_today</name>
          <value>
          <double>0.0</double>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>account_payable</name>
          <value>
          <int>83</int>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>code_length</name>
          <value>
          <int>1</int>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>vat_code</name>
          <value>
          <string></string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>email</name>
          <value>
          <string>info@...</string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>website</name>
          <value>
          <string></string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>rec_name</name>
          <value>
          <string>Foo & Bar AG</string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>fax</name>
          <value>
          <string></string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>account_receivable</name>
          <value>
          <int>35</int>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>customer_tax_rule</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>0</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>payable</name>
          <value>
          <double>0.0</double>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>contact_mechanisms</name>
          <value>
          <array>
          <data>
          <value>
          <int>1</int>
          </value>
          <value>
          <int>2</int>
          </value>
          </data>
          </array>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>write_date</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>0</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>active</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>1</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>categories</name>
          <value>
          <array>
          <data>
          </data>
          </array>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>lang</name>
          <value>
          <int>3</int>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>supplier_tax_rule</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>0</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>name</name>
          <value>
          <string>Foo & Bar AG</string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>phone</name>
          <value>
          <string>0318452659</string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>mobile</name>
          <value>
          <string></string>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>supplier_payment_term</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>0</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>vat_country</name>
          <value>
          <boolean>0</boolean>
          </value>
          </member>
          <member>
          <name>payable_today</name>
          <value>
          <double>0.0</double>
          </value>
          </member>
          </struct>
          </value>
          </data>
          </array>
          </value>
          </param>
          </params>
          </methodResponse>

          Why i've this exception?
        • Charles Cook
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 20, 2011
            What are the status code and description of the response?

            :Charles

            [iPad]

            On Jun 18, 2011, at 6:19 AM, "geniali74" <genialireloaded@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > var deserializer = new XmlRpcResponseDeserializer();
            > deserializer.NonStandard = _nonStandard;
            > Type retType = req.mi.ReturnType;
            > XmlRpcResponse xmlRpcResp= deserializer.DeserializeResponse(respStm, req.ReturnType);
            > return xmlRpcResp;
            > }
            >
            > In the Line:
            > else
            > throw new XmlRpcServerException(httpResp.StatusDescription);
            >
            > XML Request (Fiddler):
            > ----------------------
            > <?xml version="1.0"?>
            > <methodCall>
            > <methodName>model.party.party.search_read</methodName>
            > <params>
            > <param>
            > <value>
            > <array>
            > <data>
            > <value>
            > <array>
            > <data />
            > </array>
            > </value>
            > <value>
            > <array>
            > <data>
            > <value>
            > <string>id</string>
            > </value>
            > <value>
            > <string>in</string>
            > </value>
            > <value>
            > <array>
            > <data>
            > <value>
            > <int>1</int>
            > </value>
            > <value>
            > <int>2</int>
            > </value>
            > </data>
            > </array>
            > </value>
            > </data>
            > </array>
            > </value>
            > </data>
            > </array>
            > </value>
            > </param>
            > <!-- deltet params-->
            > </params>
            > </methodCall>
            >
            > XML Response (Fiddler):
            > -----------------------
            > <?xml version='1.0'?>
            > <methodResponse>
            > <params>
            > <param>
            > <value>
            > <array>
            > <data>
            > <value>
            > <struct>
            > <member>
            > <name>code</name>
            > <value>
            > <string>2</string>
            > </value>
            > </member>
            > <member>
            > <name>create_date</name>
            > <value>
            > <dateTime.iso8601>20110516T08:38:07</dateTime.iso8601>

          • geniali74
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 20, 2011
              Hi Charles

              I was on the verge of resignation. I can no longer produce the error. :-(
              I can send you the solution with a correct login for the service? I see the response XML in fiddler. But i can't deserialize the XML. 99% works. But the deserialize will not work. :-(

              What's your email? My email is info[at]geniali.ch.
              Many thanks

              --
              Roland Schumacher alias GENiALi
              http://blog.geniali.ch/
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 21, 2011
                Hi Charles

                I think I've found the error.
                I've reference to the xmlrpcsilverlight assembly and change this code.

                File: XmlRpcDeserializer.cs Line: 915

                // TODO: following to return Array?
                object CreateArrayInstance(Type type, object[] args)
                {
                #if (!COMPACT_FRAMEWORK && !SILVERLIGHT)
                return Activator.CreateInstance(type, args);
                #else
                Object Arr = Array.CreateInstance(type.GetElementType(), (int)args[0]);
                return Arr;
                #endif
                }

                I added the '&& !SILVERLIGHT' and now works fine. I have my data.
              • Charles Cook
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 23, 2011
                  Hi Roland: thanks for this fix. I'll check it in when I get back from
                  vacation. I need to work out how to run NUnit tests in Silverlight to
                  provide satisfactory testing for the Silverlight build.

                  :Charles