Could not load type X from assembly Y

  • freelancegermany
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2009
      Hello,

      i am very new with xml rpc and i got the error

      Could not load type 'XmlRpcServer.wfDataServer' from assembly 'XmlRpcServer'.

      for a example application.

      The application is very simple:

      using System;
      using System.Collections.Generic;
      using System.Text;
      using System.Data;

      using CookComputing.XmlRpc;

      namespace XmlRpcServer
      {
      public class wfDataExchange: XmlRpcService
      {
      [XmlRpcMethod("getConnectionTest")]
      public string getConnectionTest(string Message)
      {
      return "You send " + Message;
      }
      }
      }

      Nothing else ;)

      The web.config is:

      <configuration>
      <system.web>
      <httpHandlers>
      <add verb="*" path="wfDataExchange.rem" type="XmlRpcServer.wfDataServer, XmlRpcServer"/>
      </httpHandlers>

      <customErrors mode="Off"/>

      </system.web>
      </configuration>

      XmlRpcServer is the assemblyname and the namespace

      the dll of the example and the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll is in a bin-subfolder of a virtual directory, the web.config - file is direct in the virtual directory.

      I got the message above when i try to look at the page.

      What is my error ? Thanks!
    • Charles Cook
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2009
        Could not load type '*XmlRpcServer.wfDataServer'* from assembly
        'XmlRpcServer'.

        namespace *XmlRpcServer*
        {
        public class *wfDataExchange*: XmlRpcService

        On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:25 PM, freelancegermany <freelancegermany@...
        > wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > i am very new with xml rpc and i got the error
        >
        > Could not load type 'XmlRpcServer.wfDataServer' from assembly
        > 'XmlRpcServer'.
        >
        > for a example application.
        >
        > The application is very simple:
        >
        > using System;
        > using System.Collections.Generic;
        > using System.Text;
        > using System.Data;
        >
        > using CookComputing.XmlRpc;
        >
        > namespace XmlRpcServer
        > {
        > public class wfDataExchange: XmlRpcService
        > {
        > [XmlRpcMethod("getConnectionTest")]
        > public string getConnectionTest(string Message)
        > {
        > return "You send " + Message;
        > }
        > }
        > }
        >
        > Nothing else ;)
        >
        > The web.config is:
        >
        > <configuration>
        > <system.web>
        > <httpHandlers>
        > <add verb="*" path="wfDataExchange.rem" type="XmlRpcServer.wfDataServer,
        > XmlRpcServer"/>
        > </httpHandlers>
        >
        > <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        >
        > </system.web>
        > </configuration>
        >
        > XmlRpcServer is the assemblyname and the namespace
        >
        > the dll of the example and the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll is in a
        > bin-subfolder of a virtual directory, the web.config - file is direct in the
        > virtual directory.
        >
        > I got the message above when i try to look at the page.
        >
        > What is my error ? Thanks!

      • freelancegermany
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2009
          Ups ;)

          I must apologizw; seems I see to much code on this day

          --- In XMLRPCNET@yahoogroups.com, Charles Cook <chascook@...> wrote:

          > Could not load type '*XmlRpcServer.wfDataServer'* from assembly
          > 'XmlRpcServer'.
          >
          > namespace *XmlRpcServer*
          > {
          > public class *wfDataExchange*: XmlRpcService

        • Duane
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2009
            Charles,

            This was not my post, but I don't really follow the explanation, or the reason for the exception. What is the purpose of the asterisks (*) surrounding the namespace name and the class name?

            Thanks,

            Duane

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 21, 2009
              Hi Duane: the class names were different (the '*' were how Yahoo handled
              bold formatting in the message I sent).

              :Charles