Connect Systems is no longer selling the CS108G radios.

  • jerrywanger
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 6, 2017

                                                                         CS108G for $349

      As you probably know by now, the CS108G is the X108G with slightly different firmware. The hardware is identical.

       Because of non support from Xiegu, we are discontinuing the CS108G Radio and selling at our cost. The radios seem to work fine in CW and AM mode but have problems in SSB mode. Some radios work fine but the majority of radios do not. The problems in the SSB mode is as follows:

      1. Spike in the transmitter when PTT first pressed in SSB mode which last 1-2 seconds
      2. Continous carrier in SSB mode even when not speaking...
      3. Hum even when speaking in SSB mode.

      From what other people have confirmed on this site, these problems have been known for a long time but have never been resolved.

      Call our office at 818 889 0503 if you want to purchase these radios as is. We will not warranty these radios at these prices.

    • Jerry Wanger
      Message 38 of 38 , Jun 8, 2017
        In my correspondence with Chris it turns out that those boards might actually be from Chris. Awhile back he sold some Chinese 50 boards for an electronics class. Chris did not check if it really went to the class. But then they might also have copied his board. Also, Chris does not want to accept royalty for a commercial version of his product.