7Fic: Goodbye. Jubilee/Logan

  • velmakelly200
    Jan 26, 2008

      Title: Goodbye.

      Genre: Tragedy/Angst

      Disclaimer: I don't own X-men

      Rating: PG.

      Setting: X-men Cartoon.

      Note: I wrote this year's ago, but I changed it up a little and re-wrote some things. I hope you like it. I'm not a writer so go esay on me if you don't like it.

      **************************************************************************.

      Twenty-six year old Jubilee Howlett quietly walked through the graveyard, leaves crunching under her feet. She pulled her coat closer. It was unusually cold for November. She stopped and kneeled in front of one of the graves. A black headstone stared back at her. It read:

      James 'Logan' Howlett
      Beloved Husband
      Born A Fighter
      Died A Fighter

      She reached out and touched the headstone, tracing his name."Hey there baby. I know it's been awhile since I've visted you. I'm sorry.  How are things up there?" She looked up at the sky, tears starting to form in her eyes. She looked back at the headstone. "Things are okay. I miss you. All of the X-men miss you. Things aren't the same without you around." She closed her eyes and felt water stream down her face.

      "Your son was born four months ago. On the fourth of July I might add, 4:31 am. He was almost a week late from the scheduled due date. Eight pounds and five ounces.  I named him after you and the professor. James Charles Howlett." She reached into her pocket and took out  a photo. "He looks just like you, but he has my eyes." She smiled a little and placed the photo on the headstone.

      "I asked Remy and Rogue to be the godparents. They fianlly got married! They tied the knot last month. I was the maid of honor. The wedding was so beautiful. Scott was Remy's best man, but I know he  would have picked you if you would...." She stopped not wanting to finish the sentance.

      Taking out a sheet of paper, she noticed something was not right. It was the silence. No sound. Nothing. Just pure silence. "I wrote this for you." She unfolded the paper and started to read. With tears still in her eyes she spoke:

      "I'm standing on the bridge, wanting for you. You're running late

      Like always.

      Inside my skin.

      I feel your breath

      It's telling me to start worrying and pinching my soul.

      A flash against the sky.

      A claw ripping the silence.

      Makes the sound.

      Of hate on love.

      And you leave me

      crying here.

      Because of all the right reasons.

      Money and jewels mean nothing to me

      And I'm touched

      By your kind heart

      You gave me six wonderful years

      I'll always hold those memories close

      I told you not to go

      And yet you still  left me

      Laying alone

      Despite my begs and cries

      All I can remember

      is the kiss you left me

      Death is at your door

      But you can't see it

      And I'm drowning

      In tears and pain

      I can't move

      There's nothing I can do

      But watch and say

      Good-bye to you"

      Jubilee put the paper next to the photo on the grave and weighed it with a rock, her tears running freely. "I love you." Was all she could say. "Why did you have to go on that mission?" She yelled at the headstone. "I begged you not to go! But you said it would be fine. "'Jubilee, babe. It will be fine. I'll be fine. I've done this thousands of times. I promise.' That's what you told me, that's what you said." She was growing angier with each word. "I was six months pregnant, Logan! Six months pregnant with your son! And you still left! Did you think you were invincible?! You weren't!" She wipped her eyes. "When Scott told me that you died in an explosion on that mission, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't sleep. I had a hard time eating, but I had to for the baby. I hardly got out of bed until James was born."

      "Scott could barely look at me. He couldn't even be in the same room with me. When I finally asked him, he said he should not have asked  you to go. He blamed himself. I told him he was being stupid and that you were stubborn and would have gone any way. I, your wife, couldn't even stop you. Damn you, Logan! I hated you for so long. I love you so much!" She buried her face in her hands and sobbed. "I will always love you."

      After awhile Jubilee looked back at the headstone. "I'm going away Logan. I don't know how long or where. I was thinking California. Maybe to Los Angeles. I always wanted to go there. Scott said that he will give me as much money as I need from the X-men accounts. I know you left me money, but I want to save it for James." She stood up and brushed off the dirt from her pants. "I love you." She said again and leaned over and kissed the headstone. "Goodbye."

      With those last words, Jubilee turned away and walked out of the grave yard to her car where a four-month old baby boy lay sleeping in his car seat.

      End.