ARE repost: Interesting response to a typical eckie guilt threat

  • tygerpurr
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2005
      13. leaf Oct 10, 1:11 pm show options
      Newsgroups: alt.religion.eckankar
      From: "leaf" <kentaddle...@...> - Find messages by this author
      Date: 10 Oct 2005 10:11:12 -0700
      Subject: Re: "DEATH TO YOU ALL"/attn. Peabodys Buddy
      original | Report Abuse

      Sandy Dollar wrote:
      > "Mr. Peabody's Buddy" <bud...@...> wrote in message
      > Dear Peabody's Buddy,
      > Don't you know that when you attack any master, you also
      attack the
      > SUGMAD.

      Actually, I'd say this principle of which you speak more likely works
      in exactly the opposite manner, in that it is the so-called "masters"
      who are reaping karma for making attempts to enslave, control, and
      exploit followers, which is a form of attack upon the innocent
      spiritual seeker. Look at Twitchell, Gross, and Klemp, for example.
      Twitchell died rather young, leaving a confusion of controversy in his
      wake; Gross was discredited and rejected by his own followers after
      sucumbing to drug and alcohol abuse; and now Klemp has a mysterious
      illness (not to mention his history of bouts with certain other
      disturbances of record) and exhibits signs of premature aging. Are you
      certain the karma isn't really gathering around the masters?

      One could say that an attack upon the vulnerable and gullible seeker of
      enlightenment by these "masters" who harbor exploitive intentions is
      more ap to produce undesirable counter-repercussions or karma.
      Perhaps an attack upon the seeker (by the unscrrupulous master) is an
      attack upon Sugmad.

      Leaf
    • prometheus_973
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2005
        Hi Leaf,

        I agree with your comments! What Sandy doesn't recognize is that
        SUGMAD (or WHATEVER) cannot be attacked. This is impossible! Also, a
        real "Master" shouldn't be concerned with what some people say. Many
        times the criticism is justified anyway. In the case of Eckankar's
        three L.E.M.s/Mahantas it is most definitely true that these people
        were/are Not even true masters! Therefore, their Karma is certainly
        greater due to the numbers of those exposed to their deceits.
        Actually, those who expose the lies of these "Eck" (pseudo) masters
        are probably helping to give balance to a small segment of world
        consciousness.

        I agree that when a pseudo master distorts truth and misleads a
        spiritual seeker that this is the same as an attack upon the seeker
        and upon Sugmad! Twitchell, Gross, and Klemp are all guilty of
        spiritual deception and attacking the Powers That Be. But, this is
        what Kal agents are supposed to do. Being able to see through it is
        the real test for Soul and this leads to Spiritual Freedom and Self-
        Mastery!

        Prometheus

        --- In X-Eckankar_The-Chains-of-Eck@yahoogroups.com, tygerpurr