Re: ARE repost on the origins eck ankar plagarized wrds

  • prometheus_973
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hello,

      Actually I haven't, recently, looked on the Eckankar.org site to
      pull up the links to the state/country sites and the local events.
      It does seem like there was/is damage done by Ford's book and by his
      two BB sites along with the other ex or anti-Eckankar sites. The
      last time I looked I did notice fewer book discussions and less
      general activity as a whole. However, many Eckists probably have
      their "blinders" on and are not thinking about those they no longer
      see at Eck seminars and other events. I'll bet that at the 2005 EWWS
      when asking a fellow Eckist if they've seen so and so, or how's so
      and so doing (?) instead of being truthful and saying, "Oh! They
      left Eckankar!"... they will say something like, "Gee, I don't
      know... I haven't spoken to (or seen) them for awhile." Anyway, I
      don't think I'd go to an Eckankar intro unless I was in another
      state and it was being held near to where I was staying. However, it
      would be kind of fun to put them on the spot with questions and
      information that would make them react by being either speechless or
      blowing-off and skipping the comment. Sharon's story of her own
      recent Eck intro experience shared on her Yahoo group site,
      EckankarTruth, was very good!

      "Moderator" eckchains wrote:
      > Hi Prometheus,

      Have you seen much Vahana (missionary) seminars being advertised. I
      came across one and I am trying to figure out if there is a way to
      get the truth out to the unsuspecting.