Controversial video on one of Eckankar's YouTube channels

  • jonathanjohns96
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2010
      All,

      I decided to look for every YouTube channel that Eckankar has created. I found six of them. By itself, that is not really suspicious that they have six of them. The six channels are:

      1 of 6
      Channel: EckankarOfficialSite (12 videos uploaded, no Favorites)
      http://www.youtube.com/user/EckankarOfficialSite
      Profile
      Channel Views: 18,846
      Total Upload Views: 75,548
      Joined: July 17, 2007
      Last Sign In: 2 weeks ago
      Subscribers: 494
      Friends: 64
      Website: http://www.Eckankar.org

      2 of 6
      Channel: spiritualtruthseeker (17 videos uploaded, no Favorites)
      http://www.youtube.com/user/spiritualtruthseeker
      Profile
      Name: Mark
      Channel Views: 6,604
      Total Upload Views: 161,972
      Joined: January 25, 2007
      Last Sign In: 1 week ago
      Hometown: Chanhassen
      Subscriptions: 2 (EckankarOfficialSite & TheSecretToGodsLove)

      3 of 6
      Channel: TheSecretToGodsLove (0 videos uploaded, no Favorites)
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSecretToGodsLove
      Profile
      Channel Views: 756
      Total Upload Views: 11,071
      Joined: August 19, 2007
      Last Sign In: 1 year ago
      Subscribers: 32
      Website: http://www.Eckankar.org

      4 of 6
      Channel: LoverOfGod9 (2 videos uploaded, no Favorites)
      http://www.youtube.com/user/LoverOfGod9
      Profile
      Name: One who loves Soul
      Channel Views: 1,577
      Total Upload Views: 32,078
      Joined: August 11, 2006
      Last Sign In: 1 year ago
      Subscribers: 53
      Website: http://www.Eckankar.org

      5 of 6
      Channel: coworkerwithgod (5 videos uploaded, no Favorites)
      http://www.youtube.com/user/coworkerwithgod
      Profile
      Channel Views: 1,658
      Total Upload Views: 13,387
      Age: 59
      Joined: November 12, 2007
      Website: http://www.ECKANKAR.org

      6 of 6
      Channel: SpiritualExperience (4 videos uploaded, 8 Favorites)
      http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiritualExperience
      Profile
      Name: Spiritual
      Channel Views: 1,779
      Total Upload Views: 43,857
      Joined: June 18, 2007
      Last Sign In: 9 months ago
      Subscribers: 62
      Website: http://www.haveaspiritualexperience.org (This is obviously one of Eckankar's websites)
      Subscriptions: spiritualtruthseeker
      "Have You Had A Spiritual Experience?
      A dream with a departed love one?
      An out-of-body or near death experience?
      A Inner light or Inner Sound?
      A Past Life or Reincarnation Experience?"

      Note: They are trying to pass this one off as an individual's channel. But look at the videos that it has uploaded, this channel was obviously created by Eckankar itself:

      Uploads
      1. Eckankar explains Spiritual Experiences - 1,527 views - 1 year ago
      2. HU A Love Song to God - Eckankar Youth - 181 views - 2 years ago
      3. Out-of-body Experience with my deceased brother OBE Eckankar - 33,420 views - 2 years ago
      4. Eckankar Presents: Have You Had A Spiritual Experience ? - 8,860 views - 2 years ago

      But the really interesting thing is the Favorites list. Look that the Favorite at the top of the list!!!!!

      Favorites:
      1. Frank Kern Mass Control Marketing - KERNWATCH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxGYFAU7KA
      2. Eckankar: The Sound From God Known As HU
      3. Reincarnation Past Life Dream Interpretation via Eckankar
      4. Eckankar Presents: Have You Had A Spiritual Experience ?
      5. Eckankar - A Resource To Understand Near Death Experiences
      6. The Secret of Dream Interpretation from Eckankar
      7. Dream Interpretation & Dream Meaning Eckankar
      8. ECKANKAR Religion: What's It Really About?

      So let me tell you what appears to be going on here. The YouTube channel called "SpiritualExperience" was created by an employee of Eckankar. They uploaded 4 videos which were professionally created by Eckankar. The person who created this channel lists their website as

      http://www.haveaspiritualexperience.org

      This is obviously one of Eckankar's websites.

      The person who created this channel viewed 8 videos on YouTube which they then "flagged: as a "Favorite." This means that people can go to their channel and see the 8 videos that they flagged as a Favorite. The first video they flagged is called:

      Frank Kern Mass Control Marketing - KERNWATCH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxGYFAU7KA

      This video is a spoof/comedy that shows people how to make money on the Internet by getting stupid people to buy things.

      Watch the video, and take note of the person being interviewed at the following two places:

      2:00 minutes
      "You see, ass... I mean mass control is about controlling your ass, I mean controlling your masses. Controlling masses."

      2:21 minutes
      "You want to make them do stuff, like buy stuff, like... You don't want, like, the lame dudes to... Actually, you do want all the lame dudes to buy stuff from you. Ya know, like stupid people. That's what mass control is about."

      It's actually a spoof/comedy about how to control stupid people in order to get them to buy stuff on the Internet.

      It appears to me that the employee of Eckankar who created this YouTube channel got bored and was watching "funny" videos. They meant to add it to their windows Favorites list, but instead added it to thier YouTube Favorites list. Apparently, they thought this was a funny video which reflected their attitude and/or Eckankar's attitude toward potential new converts to Eckankar.

      The account has been inactive for 9 months meaning the person who as access to this YouTube channel had nine months to delete this spoof/comedy from their YouTube Favorites.

      I'd like as many people as possible to confirm what I written here before Eckankar gets a chance to delete this spoof/comedy from this Favorites list. Or they could delete the entire channel.

      Thanks,

      Jonathan

      P.S. I am posting this entire message on all three message boards: ESA, ET, and "X-Eckankar The-Chains-of-Eck."
    • jonathanjohns96
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2010
        All,

        About two hours ago, I made my first post that mentions this video. Over the past two hours I watched the first part of this video again.

        When I first watched this Frank Kern video yesterday on Feb 16, 2010, I saw a guy (at 0:17) who looked like David Lane. David Lane is the person who first figured out that Eckankar is a scam and cult. My first thought when I first saw the guy was literally "This guy looks like David Lane." This guy, named Ron Goodwave in the video, is just a character actor who plays the part of a newscaster in the video. The second thing you see in the video is constant references to surfing. I watched some more of the video, enough to see that it was talking about mass marketing. But I was also thinking that this video seems to made to defame David Lane. By the way, I knew what David Lane looked like as a result of watching his videos on Google about a month ago.

        So today, I continued watching the video. I saw numerous references to lame "surf dudes." Also, I saw references to how this person (Frank Kern) "made millions" overnight after he moved from Georgia to La Jolla, California and became a surf dude. The video portrays "surf dudes" as people who lay back in a chair and speak with slightly slurred speech, seemingly to imply that they are buzzed out on drugs.

        The video alleges tells you how you can make millions buy using Frank Kern's mass marketing technique to sell things to stupid people.

        The quotes I made in my first post are actually said by Frank Kern as he sits in a chair, apparently near the beach, and talks with " slurred speech.

        0:06 [words on screen] About Frank Kern (Internet Marketer Gone "Surf Dude")
        0:10 [words on screen] Could scar you for life
        0:12 [guy who looks like David Christopher Lane talking with "Australian" accent] [unintelligible] [his name is Ron Goodwave]
        0:15 [words on screen] Viewer discretion is strongly advised...
        0:21 [words on screen] Revealed for the first time anywhere
        0:24 [Ron laughing, as he looks at a laptop on the desk in front of him] "It's a YouTube video about Frank Kern trying to surf."
        0:31 [words on screen] Frank Kern thinks he knows how to surf...
        0:34 [laughing as he points to the laptop] "That dude's talented, man, but not that talented."
        0:41 [laughing] "These funny Americans, man, They just can't to seem up with us Australians. Not when it comes to surfing, beer, and surfing." [short pause while he thinks] "That pretty much covers it, right?"
        0:50 [cameraman] "Why do you even care, Ron? The dude's making more money in his sleep every night than you spend on hookers every month.

        There's more to the video, but basically it is a spoof/satire about how a guy named Frank Kern is a lame-ass "surf dude" who went from Georgia to La Jolla, California and was an overnight success as a "surf dude" and is now making millions.

        I just did a little more research. As I watched this guy who seems to be impersonating David Lane I kept thinking to myself that he seemed gay. Later, I discovered that his last name is "Gaywave." It occurred to me that this could be a reference to certain gays. So I just spent 5 seconds researching this on Google. This is what I found:

        http://www.zazzle.com/gay_wave_postage-172485557476254645

        This website shows a postage stamp with a rainbow-colored wave on it. The caption underneath reads "This Gay Wave design is a symbol of gay rights movement. This is time for all of us to learn to respect the gay community and have equal rights."

        I personally have no problem with homosexuality, but many straight people call someone "gay" in order to slander them.

        I just remembered one more thing. Toward the end of the Frank Kern video, it shows the "surf dude" Frank Kern jogging along a beach in a red, one-piece bathing suit. I watch so much weird stuff on YouTube and have become desensitized to so may things, that it didn't occur to me until now that normally, only females wear one-piece bathing suits. Again, this seems to be saying that Fran Kern is gay, which most straight men in the United States consider to be slanderous.

        Now back to Eckankar and what one member there told me about David Lane. This was back in the early 1980s. She told me that David Lane was a guy who wrote a book critical of Eckankar so he could get rich." And after Ford Johnson left Eckankar and wrote his book about Eckankar, members of Eckankar told me same thing about him. I really don't even need to say this, but neither of these individuals are getting rich on their books exposing Eckankar.

        My conclusion. This video was probably made by someone connected to Eckankar with the purpose of defaming David Lane.

        Here are some David Lane videos:

        http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=721391851206647628&ei=9lN8S6SwHoWWqwKZqKz7CA&q=david+lane+eckankar&hl=en&view=3&client=firefox-a#

        http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=721391851206647628&ei=9lN8S6SwHoWWqwKZqKz7CA&q=david+lane+eckankar&hl=en&view=3&client=firefox-a#docid=4584877123197657131

        Here is the Frank Kern video which seems to have been created to defame David Lane:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFxGYFAU7KA

        We know one thing for certain. The video was favorited by the person who posted one of Eckankar's YouTube channels:

        http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiritualExperience

        Jonathan

        P.S. I am asking as many people as possible to make a post here verifying the Frank Kern video favorited on the Eckankar YouTube channel (before Eckankar does damage control).