be in the palm of some fool's hand...

  • noneckster
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
      repost for Avonblue:

      Funny, I woke up this morning with the lyrics to Bob Dylan's, Hurricane, in my head, "how can the life of such a man, be in the palm of some fool's hand...

      Made me think of the 3 'godmen' of eck, the pathological liar, the philandering party-boy and the true deceiver.
      The fact that I even considered placing my spiritual life in any of their hands is absolutely frightening.

      Avonblue
    • harrisonferrel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        It's easy to beat ourselves up for spending years following this foolish nonsense and even convincing others that it's a good thing. But we have to move past this.

        --- In X-Eckankar_The-Chains-of-Eck@yahoogroups.com, "noneckster" <eckchains@...> wrote:

        > repost for Avonblue:
        >
        > Funny, I woke up this morning with the lyrics to Bob Dylan's, Hurricane, in my head, "how can the life of such a man, be in the palm of some fool's hand...
        >
        > Made me think of the 3 'godmen' of eck, the pathological liar, the philandering party-boy and the true deceiver.
        > The fact that I even considered placing my spiritual life in any of their hands is absolutely frightening.
        >
        > Avonblue

      • tygerpurr
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2009
          I agree that we shouldn't beat ourselves up about being members of eckankrap, but I think Avonblue was just making a poetic point, and expressing feelings. I could be wrong. It is easy to blame the victim, and we don't have to do that. People do have a tendency to blame themselves when it is not really their fault. All we can do is learn from it.

          As far as fear, imo, this is a feeling a lot like anger. As you have said, for the eckankar religion/cult to work requires deception and agreeing to numb feelings so that no alarm bells will go off. If we had let ourselves feel fear, we might not have joined eckankar and remained members for so long.

          I like the fact that Avonblue is talking about a dream state that showing awareness for what eckankar really is, especially "the pathological liar, the philandering party-boy and the true deceiver."

          Tygerpurr ; )

          --- In X-Eckankar_The-Chains-of-Eck@yahoogroups.com, "harrisonferrel" <harrisonferrel@...> wrote:

          > It's easy to beat ourselves up for spending years following this foolish nonsense and even convincing others that it's a good thing. But we have to move past this.
          >

          > --- In X-Eckankar_The-Chains-of-Eck@yahoogroups.com, "noneckster" <eckchains@> wrote:
          > >
          > > repost for Avonblue:
          > >
          > > Funny, I woke up this morning with the lyrics to Bob Dylan's, Hurricane, in my head, "how can the life of such a man, be in the palm of some fool's hand...
          > >
          > > Made me think of the 3 'godmen' of eck, the pathological liar, the philandering party-boy and the true deceiver.
          > > The fact that I even considered placing my spiritual life in any of their hands is absolutely frightening.
          > >
          > > Avonblue

        • tygerpurr
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2009
            I agree that we shouldn't beat ourselves up about being members of eckankrap, but I think Avonblue was just making a poetic point, and expressing feelings. I could be wrong. It is easy to blame the victim, and we don't have to do that. People do have a tendency to blame themselves when it is not really their fault. All we can do is learn from it.

            As far as fear, imo, this is a feeling a lot like anger. As you have said, for the eckankar religion/cult to work requires deception and agreeing to numb feelings so that no alarm bells will go off. If we had let ourselves feel fear, we might not have joined eckankar and remained members for so long.

            I like the fact that Avonblue is talking about a dream state that showing awareness for what eckankar really is, especially "the pathological liar, the philandering party-boy and the true deceiver."

            Tygerpurr ; )

            --- In X-Eckankar_The-Chains-of-Eck@yahoogroups.com, "harrisonferrel" <harrisonferrel@...> wrote:

            > It's easy to beat ourselves up for spending years following this foolish nonsense and even convincing others that it's a good thing. But we have to move past this.
            >

            > --- In X-Eckankar_The-Chains-of-Eck@yahoogroups.com, "noneckster" <eckchains@> wrote:
            > >
            > > repost for Avonblue:
            > >
            > > Funny, I woke up this morning with the lyrics to Bob Dylan's, Hurricane, in my head, "how can the life of such a man, be in the palm of some fool's hand...
            > >
            > > Made me think of the 3 'godmen' of eck, the pathological liar, the philandering party-boy and the true deceiver.
            > > The fact that I even considered placing my spiritual life in any of their hands is absolutely frightening.
            > >
            > > Avonblue

          • harrisonferrel
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
              This is a key statement that you wrote...

              "As far as fear, imo, this is a feeling a lot like anger. As you have said, for the eckankar religion/cult to work requires deception and agreeing to numb feelings so that no alarm bells will go off. If we had let ourselves feel fear, we might not have joined eckankar and remained members for so long."

              THE CONCEPT OF FORFEITING our emotions is crazy to the outsider of eckankar or any other cult. We develop many different emotions and ways to deal with problems. Some of these serve us quite well to keep us out of trouble.

              The eckist's favorite comeback is "I see you are angry..." as if this is a bad thing. If we step back and look at what it means NOT to be angry, frustrated, mistrusting, judgmental, etc., then we quickly understand that we are left without coping mechanism -- not just to handle situations but also to PROCESS situations and experiences.

              The eck nonsense writings, so self-contradictory and illogical, are full of instances wherein klemp and twitchell exhibit the above emotions. Klemp also mentions such instances in his droning lectures that, quite often, are convoluted and make no sense at all. But my point is that they take this attitude, "what's good for me is not good for you."

              Of course we know that to surrender our human feelings, emotions, instincts and intuition is to make ourselves ripe for victimization. To me it's analogous to being in a physical fight wherein the attacker tells you that you're not allowed to use your hands for defense.

              The fact that eckists go along with this notion that anger, judgment and the like is beyond amazing.