That Darn Doubt! LOL

  • tygerpurr
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      Repost from Radhasoamistudies Yahoo Group

      Ah, the power of words.... meditator loses 2 hours of meditation!
      Message List
      Reply | Forward Message #123235 of 123237 < Prev | Next >
      A poster writes:

      "Most days I can sit in meditation for 2-3 hours in a totally
      blissful state. On some of those days I can leave this material
      plane and experience the freedom of release from this material
      world.

      During the last several days of my discussions here I have not been
      able to even sit completely still for more than 30 minutes. So I
      must decide whether or not to continue on with my forward progress,
      or stay here with you in this little Internet Hell world."

      DAVID LANE REPLIES:

      This is a most remarkable confession and one worthy of deep
      consideration.

      Why? Because of this one key line and I quote:

      "I have not been able to even sit completely still for more than 30
      minutes."

      --------------------------

      If one genuinely had access to even the FIRST region and had
      immersed one's self there (given the theology of Sant Mat), then one
      cannot imagine how 26 letters and their various manipulations
      (otherwise called "posts") would have such a DRAMATIC effect on the
      voyager that his bliss rides would most or less come to a halt.

      However, maybe there is another explanation for why a reported deep
      meditator has difficulty sitting AFTER coming DOWN here in the Hell
      land of r.s. studies....

      Just maybe, doubt creeps in.... just maybe questions arise..... or
      any combination of whatever the mind would like to suggest.....

      And then one finds one's self meditating less the past few days and
      actually engaging in the wrangle of the rational mind.

      Personally, this is why I am not impressed with Sant Mat or
      Radhasoami and its various claims.

      I am also singularly unimpressed by claims by so many that we love
      our given gurus or our prophets on some divine level.

      Why?

      Because you can take almost any satsangi and given the right line of
      questions and suggestive information make them SEVERE doubts about
      their guru that they thought was perfect about 20 minutes ago....
      but now they are not sure if he is Thakar in disguise.

      How is it that the rational mind can so easily UPTURN the most
      cherished devotion?

      I think the answer is simple: those same individuals have not really
      engaged the rational mind nor really probed the hard questions.

      Ironically, I can quote Charan here because I think he had a very
      good answer when asked about doubt..... he encouraged it saying that
      you will be building a foundation on rock, not sand.

      I wish Gurinder would heed this advice and RADICALLY build such a
      solid foundation with his Sant Mat 2.0 or whatever new form it is
      going to take.

      I haven't seen that at all, of course.

      I think that is the problem with R.S. theology and with "science of
      the soul study centers."

      It isn't solidly built.

      In fact, it is so weakly built that a long-time meditator can come
      here and have his meditation "disturbed".

      Something is truly amiss if this newsgroup can fuck up your bliss.

      Genuine bliss doesn't get fucked up by 26 letters and their
      variations.

      Imagine a genuine exploration in mysticism...........