Rotax Update

  • Michael Coates
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
      OK, you heard it here first......   There is a new engine available to the public shortly called the Rotax  582 HO.   (High Output)....

      Its the same as the 582 except it puts out 75 hp... still carbureted looks identical - cost is around $800 AUD  ($500 USD) more than the standard 582.....

      There... the X-Air group has this info before anyone else....
      --
      With regards,    Michael Coates
      Company Director X-Air Australia

      mailto:mcoates@...

      Main Web Site:  http://www.mcp.com.au
      Sting Web Site: http://www.mcp.com.au/sting
      X-Air Web Site: http://www.xair.com.au
      XCOM Web Site:  http://www.xcom760.com
      Sinus Web Site:  http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus
      Galaxy Web Site: http://www.galaxysky.cz

      "Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return."

    • robpmiller
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
        --- In X-Air_Ultralight_Aircraft@yahoogroups.com, Michael Coates
        <xair@...> wrote:

        > OK, you heard it here first...... There is a new engine
        available to
        > the public shortly called the Rotax 582 HO. (High Output)....
        >
        > Its the same as the 582 except it puts out 75 hp... still
        carbureted
        > looks identical - cost is around $800 AUD ($500 USD) more than
        the
        > standard 582.....
        >
        > There... the X-Air group has this info before anyone else....
        >
        > --
        > With regards, Michael Coates
        > Company Director X-Air Australia
        > Gold Coast, Australia.
        >
        > mailto:mcoates@...
        >
        > Main Web Site: http://www.mcp.com.au
        > Sting Web Site: http://www.mcp.com.au/sting
        > X-Air Web Site: http://www.xair.com.au
        > XCOM Web Site: http://www.xcom760.com
        > Sinus Web Site: http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus
        > Galaxy Web Site: http://www.galaxysky.cz
        >
        > "Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
        turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to
        return."

        Michael,

        Do you have any idea when this is going to be. I am getting ready
        to order the 582 but if it were going to take place soon it would be
        worth the wait. Have you heard of a release date yet?

        Robert
      • Phil LeRoy
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
          See message #5094 that I posted April 7th, 2005.

          I'm sure that's the engine, the 2-TEC 600 HO SDI (High Output, Semi
          Direct Injection).
          It uses semi direct injection, a type of electronic injection that is
          cutting the fuel burn in about half and increasing power about 10 hp
          from the current carburated 582. They're able to inject fuel at the
          proper times instead of all the time with the carburators.

          I talked to Eric Tucker (Kodiak's main technician) last week during
          his 912 3 day course about this engine. They have not heard anything
          about it coming to the aviation department.

          You could buy a skidoo for about $8000 new and cannibalize it for the
          engine. Single ignition only though. Also, there is an engine here
          in the states that Steve Beatty sells as the 583. He claims it puts
          out around 95 hp (rave valves, tuned pipe and who knows what else).
          It's carburated.

          I have a picture of the 2-TEC here, you have to scroll down just a
          little bit:
          http://www.leroyent.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27 last April.

          Michael, could you give us more information about the engine you're
          referring to. I have a feeling it's the same one.
        • Michael Coates

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                Hi Michael,

                Can you give us some references for this news. What is your source
                of info? Where can I learn more?

                Thanks,

                Phil LeRoy
                http://www.xairwest.com
                USA

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                  At the moment just take my word for it..... otherwise my 'sources' will
                  get in trouble

                  Phil LeRoy wrote:

                  > Hi Michael,
                  >
                  > Can you give us some references for this news. What is your source
                  > of info? Where can I learn more?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Phil LeRoy
                  > http://www.xairwest.com
                  > USA
                • Seamus O'Donnell
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                    Michael  have you seen one as I was told they had a red top and tuned exhaust system

                    Seamus
                    Xair Ireland

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 3, 2006
                      Are there any pictures or specs available?

                      http://mail.yahoo.com