Re: [Writers Forum] Munir Saami is an Idiot

  • Akhtar Ali Khan
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2009
             Amir Jafri sahib,  I am most grateful for your magnanimity.  Needless for me to say but I
      have great respect for you and your work.  It was my shortcoming, and I am sorry.

      Best regards

      From: naj241@yahoo. co.uk
      Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 07:55:21 -0700

              With due respect, Amir Jafri sahib,  if according to you, expressing one's own thoughts (relative to
      Ghalib or Mohammad) is absurd, so pray tell me what other people (including writers like you) are
      indulging in?
              You, of course, sir, are "crossing a boundary" which I refuse to follow.
      So, let it be.
              Not withstanding the above, I have suggested several times to the moderator that if he does not like
      my submissions, he is at liberty to expunge my privilege  to submit.
      Regards

      From: naj241@yahoo. co.uk
      Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:23:32 +0000

             With due respect, this is both knit and nit picking.  I wrote, "as Ghalib said"
      but the rest is my own statement.  Urdu literature is beyond my field of expertise
      and as such I seek indulgence of learned people like you.

      From: naj241@yahoo. co.uk
      Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:14:54 +0000

            With due respect, Saami sahib, I always believe that there are better and lesser people than I am: the better ones
      don't care whether I alive or dead, the lesser ones are jealous, and hence hate me because they neither make the effort
      nor have the courage to achieve what I have attained.
             Further, as Ghalib said: "I am not a part of the alphabet"  --- my coming and going isn't going to impact the Universe

      Best regards

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2009
            With due respect, Saami sahib,  I wasn't translating Ghalib's stanza, but I was citing it as a metaphor,
        concerning my life and work on the planet (I have tried to clarify it in a response to Naqvi sahib).
             I feel like an idiot for causing grief, but then again my expertise, as you know, lies somewhere
        else.

        Regards