RE: [Writers Forum] Fw: Re: another wrong doing of MQM

  • i Ahmad
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
      How can people living in Canada, a country of immigrants, spread hate for immigrants of other provinces in now what is India?  MQM has been proven to be the innocent by the the perpetrators themselves then why is this hatred emanating from Punjab? I am a pathan and have immense respect for someone who seeks refuge in my home. I protect him to the peril of my life. The killings, if any, in Karachi of MQM workers is done by those who are not pathans. Then what remains of the democracy so passionately clamoured in Pakistan?  MQM members are as good citizens of Pakistan and entitled to all freedom enjoyed by Mian Nawaz Sharif Sahib.

      Iftikhar Ahmad

      To: Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com
      From: kashraf@...
      Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:43:09 -0700
      Subject: RE: [Writers Forum] Fw: Re: another wrong doing of MQM

      Jalal sahib,

      K stands for Khawaja. Khawaja is cast of Kashmiris. I never liked the cast system. That is why I started using K instead of full first name Khawaja.

      K. Ashraf

      From: K. Ashraf <kashraf@.... com>
      To: Writers_Forum@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 4:07 PM

      I think the problem is with Pakistani system. It is unjust and does not provide equal opportunities to its all stake holders, the people of Pakistan . Consequently, instead of removing the flaws of the system and turning it into a more just and equitable system for everyone they start blaming each other.

      Pakistan has lot of natural resources. I firmly believe resources wise, Pakistan is a very rich country and it can provide decent life to everyone. People need to develop mutual consensus, chart out a collective program for sustainable development and move on. Within 10 to 20 years they can make Pakistan a modern, well planned, prosperous and fully developed country.

      In this regard, leadership plays very important role. With missing element of leadership, Pakistanis have to be more inventive and they should organize themselves at local levels and then transform these local organizations in to larger national level organization.

      K. Ashraf

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hello Iftikhar Sahib and friends,

        Why is it that, any criticism on any party or nation, be it MQM, PPP, Muslim League, BJP, Congress, India, Pakistan, etc is considered HATE.

        Can we all learn to accept criticism, take corrective action if required, or ignore the criticism if not pertinent. That is the only way will be civilized.

        If Peer Sahib can choose to live in London, then why can some one living in Timbukto not criticize MQM.

        Only yesterday there was heated debated between, Haider Rizvi of MQM and a senior ML leader. They used harsh words and then they shook hands and moved on.

        We should all agree to have an opinion and agree to disagree.

        Cheers. Munir

        --- In Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com, i Ahmad <iftikharahmad@...> wrote:

        > How can people living in Canada, a country of immigrants, spread hate for immigrants of other provinces in now what is India? MQM has been proven to be the innocent by the the perpetrators themselves then why is this hatred emanating from Punjab? I am a pathan and have immense respect for someone who seeks refuge in my home. I protect him to the peril of my life. The killings, if any, in Karachi of MQM workers is done by those who are not pathans. Then what remains of the democracy so passionately clamoured in Pakistan? MQM members are as good citizens of Pakistan and entitled to all freedom enjoyed by Mian Nawaz Sharif Sahib.
        >
        > Iftikhar Ahmad
        >

        > To: Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com
        > From: kashraf@...
        > Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:43:09 -0700
        > Subject: RE: [Writers Forum] Fw: Re: another wrong doing of MQM
        >

        > Jalal sahib,
        >

        > K stands for Khawaja. Khawaja is cast of Kashmiris. I never liked the cast system. That is why I started using K instead of full first name Khawaja.
        >

        > K. Ashraf

      • Javaid Haider
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
          munir sahib,

          it is not the criticism of MQM that has prompted these exchanges. it is the bigotry that was clearly demonstrated by abbas sahib. i think there are rules regarding presentation of views in this Forum. these were clearly violated. it was this violation that was being objected to. one can criticise anyone in a proper manner. this leads to a healthy debate, and it is much fun to participate in such debates. but when insults are cast and aspersions made, the result is anything but healthy. i would have thought that the moderator may have taken notice of this infringement of the Forum's rule and reminded everyone that the writing decorum is to be adhered to.

          Why is it that, any criticism on any party or nation, be it MQM, PPP, Muslim League, BJP, Congress, India, Pakistan, etc is considered HATE.

          Can we all learn to accept criticism, take corrective action if required, or ignore the criticism if not pertinent. That is the only way will be civilized.

          If Peer Sahib can choose to live in London, then why can some one living in Timbukto not criticize MQM.

          Only yesterday there was heated debated between, Haider Rizvi of MQM and a senior ML leader. They used harsh words and then they shook hands and moved on.

          We should all agree to have an opinion and agree to disagree.

          Cheers. Munir

          --- In Writers_Forum@ yahoogroups. com, i Ahmad <iftikharahmad@ ...> wrote:

          > How can people living in Canada, a country of immigrants, spread hate for immigrants of other provinces in now what is India? MQM has been proven to be the innocent by the the perpetrators themselves then why is this hatred emanating from Punjab? I am a pathan and have immense respect for someone who seeks refuge in my home. I protect him to the peril of my life. The killings, if any, in Karachi of MQM workers is done by those who are not pathans. Then what remains of the democracy so passionately clamoured in Pakistan? MQM members are as good citizens of Pakistan and entitled to all freedom enjoyed by Mian Nawaz Sharif Sahib.
          >
          > Iftikhar Ahmad
          >

          > To: Writers_Forum@ yahoogroups. com
          > From: kashraf@...
          > Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:43:09 -0700
          > Subject: RE: [Writers Forum] Fw: Re: another wrong doing of MQM
          >

          > Jalal sahib,
          >

          > K stands for Khawaja. Khawaja is cast of Kashmiris. I never liked the cast system. That is why I started using K instead of full first name Khawaja.
          >

          > K. Ashraf

        • munirsaami
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2009
            Hello Javaid Haider Sahib,
            I am enclosing the messages between you and Abbas sb. These are apparently a direct communication between you two.

            I am not sure as to why it was posted a personal exchange for public sharing by you.

            I can assure you that Abbas Sb's message to you was not directly posted on the Forum.

            His ID abbas7243was not even registered as a member when he exchanged his messages with you. Tks:
            "From: Abbas Syed <abbas7243@yahoo. ca>