RE: [Writers Forum] Emergency Rule and Martial Law in Pkaistan should be totally opposed

  • Amir Jafri
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

      A shame, indeed.

      Amir H. Jafri, Ph.D.

      Department of Communications

      Davis & Elkins College

      Elkins, WV 26241

      304-637-1366 (Work)

      304-637-1461 (Home)

      jafri@...

      From: Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Munir Pervaiz
      Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 12:12 PM
      To: Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Writers Forum] Emergency Rule and Martial Law in Pkaistan should be totally opposed

      Hello Friends,

      All of you may have sadly by expectedly heard the news of Emergency
      and suspension of Constitution in Pakistan .

      It is to be noted that the majority of Supreme Court judges has ruled
      against the Order and instructed the government to not implemented,
      they have been confined and Pakistan 's most respected lawyer Aitizaz
      Ahsan has been arrested.

      We should all with one voice condemn and oppose this draconian and
      dark action in the anguished history of Pakistan .

      Thanks and regards. Munir

    • mzaheer_2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
        Dear Saami Sahib:

        If it is possible we should prepare a letter condeming the imposition
        of Martial Law by Mush and invite all those who would like to sign it
        and then e-mail it to him. He has taken Pakistan to the brink of
        disaster and Pakistanis must get rid of him before he destroys the
        country.

        Zaheer

        In Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Munir Pervaiz" <munirsaami@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello Friends,
        >
        > All of you may have sadly by expectedly heard the news of Emergency
        > and suspension of Constitution in Pakistan.
        >
        > It is to be noted that the majority of Supreme Court judges has ruled
        > against the Order and instructed the government to not implemented,
        > they have been confined and Pakistan's most respected lawyer Aitizaz
        > Ahsan has been arrested.
        >
        > We should all with one voice condemn and oppose this draconian and
        > dark action in the anguished history of Pakistan.
        >
        > Thanks and regards. Munir

      • Akhtar Ali Khan
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
             If one has to write a letter, it should be a letter of support to leaders opposing the "emergency rule." A letter written to Musharruf will end with his secretary (with having any impact).  My feeling is that a letter written to World leaders (and seeking their assistance to sanction Musharruf, his Army and political supporters) would be more effective than a condemnation Email message sent to the dictator.