Re: [Writers_Forum] urdu-hindi dictionary

  • Zahid Shafiq
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2004

      Zahid Shafiq wrote:
      Jan 31, 2004

      Attn: Mr. Abunaimath

      I have a photostat copy of al old Hindi-to-Urdu dictionary, with all words (even the Hindi ones) written in Urdu. Therefore, one does not have to know the Hindi script to use this dictionary. If, on the other hand, one does not how to read the Urdu script, then this dictionary will be completely useless.

      This photostat dictionary is from man original which was commissioned for some Nawab in India during the 1920s/1930s (I think !).

      If you are interested in this, I can make you a photocopy (of the photocopy !), and send it to you. Where are you located ?

      You can contact me at: zshafiq@...         AND ALSO AT    zshafiq @...

      With regards
      Zahid Shafiq

      abunaimath wrote:
      anybody knows about any urdu - hindi dictionary.
      where it is available and for how much and also how many pages it is.

      How Convenient!
      Access the Writers Forum Group, Click here:

      Access to Writers Forum stored Links, please click here and bookmark:
      Access to all of the Writers Forum Messages, please click and book mark:
      To post messages,email to:
      Writers_Forum@yahoogroups.com

      To subscribe: Email to;
      Writers_Forum-subscribe@yahoogroups.comWe post messages with reference to origins. We may not necessarily share all opinions.

      Please ask your friends to join. Thanks.

      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/j3FylB/TM

       http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/