Re: WorldTransport Forum raise the price of fuel and give the money back

  • Tramsol@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
      One detail which the current retail crisis can prossibly no longer call on is to buy local, as local manufacture of food, goods, and other daily needs has effectively been destroyed by the 'cheap' transport addiction.

      I'm old enough to remember Harold Wilson embracing I'm Backing Britain, which included a call to buy locally made things from locally owned businesses, putting money back into local activities and fighting the 7:84 effect (the radical threatre group who took their name from the fact that 7% of the UK population had cornered 84% of the wealth)  Local economies are healthy and relatively safer when adverse changes occur.

      I'd suggest that world-wide we encourage all who are retailing anything to show their customers where the products are produced - in full so your prawns harvested on the West Coast of Scotland don't get processed in the Far East amd then returned to Hull for packaging - insist on buying fresh from the West and buying 'local' wherever you can.

      Dave H