rebuilding American transport

  • Simon Norton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2008
      I agree with Richard Layman. How would the plan deal with the type of journeys
      that the National Association of Railroad Passengers proposals are aimed at
      <http://www.narprail.org/cms/index.php/resources/list/C50> ?

      John Whitelegg wrote an excellent article on the merits of the German
      regionalised transport planning network some time ago for the UK's Transport
      2000 (now the Campaign for Better Transport), who, as the UK were preparing for
      a general election, were introducing a discussion on ways to move forward from
      the privatised railway model introduced by the Major government. Our local
      Transport 2000 group reproduced the article and it can be seen on our website:
      <http://www.bettertransport.org.uk/newsletter75.html> (together with lots of
      other stuff of varying degrees of relevance to the problems of today).

      Simon Norton