Re: WorldTransport Forum 'The Limits to Travel' - Blogs and blogging

  • Paul Barter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2008
      David

      I have found your recent work (eg on the myth of time savings) very valuable and look forward to obtaining the book.

      On the blog issue, I am glad you are hopping in.

      So I went to your site in the hope of adding it to my RSS feeds so that I will see when you make new posts. Unfortunately your blog does not seem to have an RSS feed.  Regular blog readers usually follow their favourite blogs via one of the rss readers (eg Bloglines). Having an rss feed is essential if you are to build a loyal readership. Your blog service or software should be able to create one easily.

      Best wishes,

      Paul Barter
      http://reinventingtransport.blogspot.com/

      On Behalf Of David Metz
      Sent: Monday, 13 October 2008 13:48
      To: UTSG@...
      Subject: [UTSG] Blogs and blogging

      Blogging has taken off in a big way in recent years. Technorati, the
      website that tracks blogging, reports that close to one million blogs are
      posted every day. So who reads all this creativity? I guess the trick is
      to write for an audience that would be interested in what you have to say,
      and then work out how to find that audience. I'm attempting this with my
      own blog, based on the perspective developed in my book, 'The Limits to
      Travel'
      - see http://www.limitstotravel.org.uk/blog/ Your contributions would be
      welcome.

      So far as I am aware, this is the only blog to focus on travel behaviour and
      how people use the transport network. Please let me know of any blogs that
      I've missed.

      Dr David Metz
      Centre for Transport Studies
      University College London