Knoogle update

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008

      A quick update on the Knoogle 1.0 project in progress. See it at http://knoogle.net.

      We are working with a team from the Center for Advancing Research and Solutions for Society of the University of Michigan under the direction of Susan Zielinski to bring this power search engine to its next stage of development. Quickly by the numbers to summarize:

      1.     At last count there are going on 400 programs and sources that are automatically being searched by the combined search engine.

      2.     And while we have tried very hard to make sure that they are all tight on topic, there are some that most probably are not sufficiently focused on our target – i.e.,. the New Mobility Agenda in all its variants and extensions – so they will doubtless get stripped out rather quickly.

      3.     But we also know that there are other important site which are missing, so may we ask you this? Quite simply, if you have sources or sites on the web which you have found particularly useful please let us know so that we can add them to our inventory.

      And finally if your interest and time permit, I’d like to invite you to come on in to the team and help us work to perfect this free toolset for all to use. If you drop me an email I’ll send on details. It need not take a lot of your time.

      All suggestions and inputs on this are timely and most appreciated. (Including if you think it’s lousy idea. It would be good to know before we get to much further into this.)

      We’re working on it.