Vision zero - Knoogle first

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20 6:09 AM

      Paul Steely White, who leads the lively and highly effective Transportation Alternatives activist program in NYC (http://www.transalt.org/) , has asked if we can find an able volunteer who in his words ” who might be up for penning a 700 word piece for our fall magazine about Vision Zero” .

      Vision Zero: For those of you who may not recall, is a hugely impressive public policy project launched in Sweden in 1997 to ELIMINATE traffic deaths and injuries  a project that we have followed, communicated with and written about on more than one occasion over the last decade. What a great idea to do this piece Paul.

      Okay, now on to the future. What is the best way to do any of us can go our homework on Vision Zero – 2008?

      Well of course you turn to Google. Great source. Information richissimo. 39,000 handy references. Thanks Google.

      You may also want to try Knoogle 1.0 (yes it is very ugly). Go to www.knoogle.net  and pop “Vision Zero” into the little box. Hmm. Only 67 references.  But what references!  (However . . please read the attached before consuming.)

      If you have any ideas for this article, perhaps you can contact Paul directly at paul@..., and if you will a copy of me at knoogle@... so that I can follow. Of course when it’s all done everyone here will have full and immediate access.

      Knoogle. Travel light. Quality, not quantity.