any data on increased cycling in response to increases in fuel prices?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2008
      ] On Behalf Of Walter Hook
      Sent: Friday, 22 August 2008 18:04

      Does anyone have any data on increased bicycle or cycle rickshaw use in
      response to escalating fuel prices?

      Best
      Walter

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2008
        One only has to note the increase in cycle carriage on most US transit routes many have seen a doubling or patronage with cycles in the past 3-4 months I reckon a quick google of bikes on bus and increase should do it....

        Other indicators could be bike theft - rising

        Bike crash rates not totals will show significant drops - but that rather depends on accurate counting of cyclists....and if the administrators are not counting these properly

        ] On Behalf Of Walter Hook

        Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:26:22 +0700
        From: Sunny <sksunny@...>
        Subject: [sustran] Re: Right to Walk and Pollution in Hyd: Interesting
          read
        To: kanthikannan@...
        Cc: NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com, sustran-discuss@...

         --

        *Santhosh (Sunny) Kodukula*

        Urban Transport Expert
        GTZ ? Sustainable Urban Transport Project (SUTP)
        0942, Transport and Tourism Division,
        UNITED NATIONS, ESCAP Building,
        Rajadamnern Nok Ave.,
        Bangkok 10200, THAILAND

[...]