World Car Free Days - Update and invitation

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2008

      Dear friends who think that an occasional day without cars is maybe not a bad idea,

      This is to let you know that we have dug in and made an effort to get the World Car Free Days at http://worldcarfreedays.com/ in shape and ready both to inform and to act as a base for collaboration and exchange. Here are some of the high spots, most of which directly clickable on the small top menu:

      1.     Translation: Many of the key pages have now been equipped with one click machine translation into and from: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. Machine translation and tricky, but useful for the genuinely curious (like you),

      2.     News: Latest CFD news

      3.     Web: CFDs on the Web

      4.     Countries: Where do go to find about CFDs in different countries

      5.     2008 Survey: Tell us about your CFD plans for 2008. There is a three minute short survey and another longer one that takes some ten minutes. Take your pick. But take.

      6.     Video Library: 15 CFD videos. And plenty of room for your nominations.

      7.     The Car Free Café – Been there for a decade and still a great place to share information and views of Car Free Days and more generally on cities with lots less cars.

      8.     Image Library: A couple of our friends are working on bringing together a collection of Car Free Day images that you may find inspiring and useful. As soon as we have them in they will be added to the site.

      We hope you will find this useful, and that you will not hesitate to share your ideas with us on how to make it better. And please share this so that others will be able to make use of this collaborative effort – and perhaps join in with ideas, information and entries of their own.

      Team work for a better world.

      Eric Britton

      PS. Two interesting graphics below. The map shows the origins of the last seventy people to check into the site. And the listing below shows the countries of origin of the last 500.  Hmm.