New Mobility - program summary in one page

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2008

      Because our work program and concerns seem so many and sprawling, several people have recently asked me for a concise one page update on what is going on around here and with our network colleagues, which I am pleased to attach here.

      You may notice that the main thrust over the months immediately ahead is to:

      a.     Completion of the New Mobility Fast Track: 2008 - 2012 publication in cooperation with the Journal of World Transport Policy & Practice (at http://www.fast-track.newmobility.org/)

      b.    Organization of the New Mobility City Dialogues: 2008/9 in North America and Europe, for which full details are at http://dialogues.newmobility.org/

      It goes without saying that our work and collaboration under the World Carshare Consortium (http://www.carshare.newmobility.org ) and World City Bike programs (www.citybike.newmobility.org  ) both continues full blast.

      If you have any questions, and better yet if you have any ideas for collaboration or improvement, this is the place to turn.

      Eric Britton

      PS. And if you have any ideas for topics or authors for the forhtcoming Fast-Track volume, now is a great time to let us know. It is taking shape very nicely, but there still are a few gaping holes as you will see if you review the Contents section on the site. Thanks for chipping in.

            The New Mobility Agenda – Start at http://www.newmobility.org

      Europe:   8/10 rue Joseph Bara,     75006 Paris,  France.    T:  +331 4326 1323

      USA:        9440 Readcrest Dr.  Los Angeles, CA  90210.      T: +1 310 601-8468

      E. eric.britton@.... E2. fekbritton@... Skype: ericbritton

                     Pointing the way to New Mobility

      Photo of Velib showing the way in Paris traffic. From the Greening of Transport report.

      ·         Reinventing Transport in Cities: 2008-2012

      ·         New Mobility City Dialogues: 2008/9

      ·         The New Mobility Fast Track: 2008-2012

      ·         World City Bike Implementation Strategies

      ·         World Carshare Implementation Strategies

      ·         World Transport Journal

      The Commons: A wide open, world-wide open society forum concerned with improving our understanding and control of technology as it impacts on people in our daily lives. Seeking out and pioneering new transformational concepts for concerned citizens, activists, community groups, entrepreneurs and business. Supporting local government as that closest to the people and the problems. Increasing the uncomfort zone for hesitant administrators and politicians.  And through our long term world-wide collaborative efforts, energy and personal choices, placing them and ourselves firmly on the path to a more sustainable and more just world. (For more go to www.2008.ecoplan.org