RE: [WorldTransport] critical thinking on Car Free Days

  • Pearce, Nick
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2001
      eric,

      i would love to be involved in any sort of discussions that you and others are
      considering. i was in maastricht for their car free day, and with the best will
      in the world it was still a bit of a damp squib. What format would these
      discussions take? I have spoken to you in the past, about your X cars
      discussion papers and so forth, so i will look forward to lively discussions in
      the future.

      yours

      nick pearce
      sociology department
      lancaster university
      lancaster
      la1 4yn

    • carshare1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001
        In a message dated 10/29/01 5:32:54 AM, n.pearce@... writes:

        >i was in maastricht for their car free day, and with the best will
        >in the world it was still a bit of a damp squib.

        I think you have just described a great place to start the discussions:
        what worked and didn't work (in relation to the goal) in various cities and
        why?

        Dave Brook