Land use and CO2 / Freight logistics and CO2 - expert speakers?

  • Roland Sapsford
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2008
      Hi

      Last year I helped organise a seminar called Transforming Transport here
      in Wellington, NZ. The focus was on transport and CO2, and the potential
      for change. Speakers included Prof Phil Goodwin and Lee Schipper by AV
      link and Dr Jillian Anable visited NZ for a month.

      I am now looking to find possible speakers for a follow-up event
      (Transforming Transport 2). The focus includes some specific areas:

      (i) evidence on the effects of good urban design and spatial planning on
      urban transport patterns and CO2 emissions over the longer term.
      (ii) evidence on the CO2 effects of improving the efficiency of
      logistics and location decisions - including better integration of
      modes, alternatives to just-in-time inventories etc

      Any suggestions on people who can speak authoratitively on either of
      those areas would be much appreciated.

      Apologies in advance if you reply to me and get a message from spam
      blocker - please just respond as requested and it will get through.

      Thanks in advance for any suggestions

      Roland Sapsford

      --

      Roland Sapsford
      +64-4-9341106(w); +64-4-3851105(h); +64-21-651105(m)

      "the most insidious form of ignorance is misplaced certainty"
      (Robert Costanza)