FW: did you see this?

  • an illuminating discussion of BRT, TransM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      There is an illuminating discussion of BRT, TransMilenio and BRT for US
      cities, NYC included that you can find on the terrific StreetsBlog.org site
      at http://www.streetsblog.org/2008/01/28/streetfilm-brt-in-bogota/\
      <http://www.streetsblog.org/2008/01/28/streetfilm-brt-in-bogota/> .

      Check it out,. Not so much for what it says about the Bogotá, which most of
      us here know well, warts and all, but more than that for the reactions of
      Americans to these issues. Form a transportation politics point of view –
      mine – it is rich in lessons of communications and what we need to have
      pretty good control of if we are to try to make use of this one among many
      good new mobility tools in our cities.

      (I still think that the best BRT systems around are closer to the Paris
      Mobilien model that we are tracking in the Reinventing Transport in Cities
      project at http://www.invent.newmobility.org.)

      Eric Britton

      PS. And kind thanks to you Aaron Naparstek both for the heads-up and all
      your great work on the Streetsblog. (You should have one in your city!)