cycle helmets

  • Simon Norton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2008
      It seems to me that incorporating compulsory cycle helmet wearing in a city bike
      scheme would kill it unless some means was used of enabling people to borrow the
      helmet as well as the bike. How could this be done ?

      This would presumably require helmets to be attached to bikes in a way that was
      secure against theft. I suspect that if such a system became widespread it would
      lead to an increase in helmet wearing anyway because it would avoid the hassle
      of having to carry a helmet around.

      Simon Norton

      [P.S. This conversation continues over at the World City Bike Forum � which you reach by clicking to http://www.citybike.newmobility.org/ and then clicking the Forum link on the top menu (to the right). Heading for these exchanges: "For/against (compulsory) wearing of helmets in city bike projects- The jury is out" Thanks. Eric Britton]