- This is something that they are looking in to for the Vancouver city bike project. Have anything to help us/them better understand the issues. [Kindly sendMessage 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2008View Source
This is something that they are looking in to for the Vancouver city bike project. Have anything to help us/them better understand the issues.
[Kindly send your thoughts, views, information on this to the new city Bike forum via WorldCityBike@yahoogroups.com. Remember we are looking at this in the specific context of city bike projects for wide public use in low speed protected cycling circumstances (we hope!).
You can see the forum itself if you go to http://www.citybike.newmobility.org/ and click Forum on top menu.)
- You have (only one part of) it here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14609070
- For: http://www.cyclehelmets.org/
- For/against: http://www.cyclehelmets.org/mf.html?1052
- This is interesting, expert and varied: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LotsLessCars/msearch?query=helmet&submit=Search&charset=ISO-8859-1
The jury is out.
If anyone is interested I’ll be pleased to give my considered point of view.
Organizations that advocate helmet use
- Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute: US organization promoting helmet use .
- Bicycle Helmet Initiative Trust: UK-based organization campaigning for a mandatory helmet law for children
Sites critical of cycle helmets
- Cyclists Rights Action Group (Australia )
- The Vehicular Cyclist (Canada)
- Mandatory Bicycle Helmet Law in Western Australia
- Cycling Health (New Zealand)
- European Cyclists' Federation. Has links to cycling organizations throughout Europe.
- CTC: Largest UK cycle organization with around 60,000 members.
Skilled cycling and cycle training