For/against (compulsory) wearing of helmets in city bike projects- The jury is out

  • eric.britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2008

      This is something that they are looking in to for the Vancouver city bike project. Have anything to help us/them better understand the issues.

      [Kindly send your thoughts, views, information  on this to the new city Bike forum via WorldCityBike@yahoogroups.com. Remember we are looking at this in the specific context of city bike projects for wide public use in low speed protected cycling circumstances (we hope!).

      You can see the forum itself if you go to http://www.citybike.newmobility.org/ and click Forum on top menu.)

      -       You have (only one part of) it here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14609070

      -       For: http://www.cyclehelmets.org/

      -       For/against: http://www.cyclehelmets.org/mf.html?1052

      The jury is out.

      If anyone is interested I’ll be pleased to give my considered point of view.

      Eric

      PS. Following from the good folks at the Bicycle Helmet  Research Foundation

      Organizations that advocate helmet use

      Sites critical of cycle helmets

      Cycling organizations

      Skilled cycling and cycle training