Re: WorldTransport Forum New Mobility N/S City Partners Program

  • Rajat Rastogi
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
      Dear Eric,

      You can send a copy of the reports to me. My self and
      my students are working in the area of non-motorized
      transport. I worked on promotion of walk and bicycle
      for transit access in Miumbai during my doctoral work
      and now here at Indian Institute of Technology
      Roorkee, India, two of my students are working on
      pedestrian behaviour, one as post-graduate thesis and
      other as doctoral thesis in the current semester.

      I intend to plan a car-free-on-the-bike day and a
      workshop in the campus to promote the use of bikes at
      least in educational campuses. I hope that the reports
      will be of good use to me and others intending to work
      in this area.

      Thanks and with best wishes,

      Rajat Rastogi, Ph.D.
      Asstt. Professor
      IIT Roorkee.

      Dr. Rajat Rastogi
      Assistant Professor
      Civil Engineering Department
      Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
      ROORKEE 247 647
      Tel. 091 1332 28 5447 (O), 6447 (R)
      Mo. 9411 501 555
      Official Email: rajatfce@...
    • Chris Bradshaw
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
        > . . . here at Indian Institute of Technology
        Roorkee, India, two of my students are working on
        pedestrian behaviour, one as post-graduate thesis and
        other as doctoral thesis in the current semester.

        It is nice to see walking/pedestrians mentioned here.

        For the two students -- and any others -- who want to discuss
        the humblest mode more, consider subscribing to Pednet, the
        international list for walking advocates and those promoting
        pedestrian rights.

        www.flora.org/pednet/

        Chris Bradshaw
        Ottawa, Pednet listowner since 1995