"Reinventing transport in cities" - Invitation to a co operative brainstorm

  • Eric Britton (Commons)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2007
      Dear Friends,

      Some of you have been seeing bits and pieces over the last weeks of elements
      of an open brainstorming project that I ham trying to help make happen,
      under the felicitous title, "Reinventing transport in cities".

      The latest example has been the excellent response and flow of comments that
      I have received from many of you in the last days on the topic of
      "Estimating CO2 impacts of transport innovations and changes". I hope to
      make full use of them in a final short note which reflects experience, view
      and competence that do way beyond anything that I might have to offer on
      this topic -- and I will copy in as well a full set of the comments and
      suggestions received so that you can see for yourselves the richness of this
      response.

      As of today, I think we have the next piece in this perplexing puzzle far
      enough along that I can take your time with it. For starters you have
      attached a short introduction to latest "collegial workpad" in this series.
      The key to what it is all about is right there on page 2. If it interests
      you sufficiently you can find the full report in both PDF and PPT versions
      (the latter being more versatile to work with) on the working site: New
      Mobility Climate Emergency Project at http://climate.newmobility.org .

      The next question is what if anything do we do with this. I am hoping that
      our friends on the Clinton Climate team will find some use in it, and above
      all that you may in your own work. You will note that, as almost always,
      this is proposed as a group thinking exercise, so if you have ideas,
      reactions, proposals, I would like to suggest that we share them in the new
      mobility Idea Factory, i.e., by posting your thoughts to
      NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com .

      I look forward with real interest to hearing from you on this. It's amazing
      what can happen when a bunch of clever citizens put their heads and hearts
      together. And since it's 2007, we don't all have to be in the same room to
      do just that.

      Eric Britton

      The New Mobility Climate Emergency Project - on line at
      www.climate.newmobility.org
      Le FrĂȘne, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris, France
      Tel: +331 4326 1323 +338 7044 0343 Skype: newmobility
      E: contact@... Backup: fekbritton@...

      The Commons: A wide open, world-wide open society forum concerned with
      improving our understanding and control of technology as it impacts on
      people in our daily lives. Pioneering new concepts for concerned citizens,
      activists, community groups, entrepreneurs and business; supporting local
      government as that closest to the people and the problems; increasing the
      uncomfort zone for hesitant administrators and politicians; and through our
      long term world wide collaborative efforts, energy and personal choices,
      placing them and ourselves firmly on the path to a more sustainable and more
      just world.