Clinton Climate Initiative - support from New Mob
Dear World Transport Friends and Colleagues,
We are getting, I hope, close to having something in hand that we can shortly put into high public relief, taking as our point of departure how we might be able somehow to use the momentum and high visibility of the Clinton/Large Cities Climate programs to advance our shared agenda for transport in cities. We can target greenhouse gases, but we all know that our objectives extend way beyond that. To this end, I attach a copy of the Media Kit that we intend to send out shortly, with several thoughts in mind:
- I invite you to have a critical look and to let us know if your
time and taste permits your ideas for making this a more striking
presentation – bearing in mind that the bottom line in all this is
to try to set off and possibly even support some city demonstrations of
how this First Five Percent approach might actually be made to work.
- Ditto, your comments on the supporting web site at
- You ideas for cities or groups that might help further test and
prove these ideas and our insistence on low cost near term projects and
programs that can make a difference.
- In a similar vein, we are hoping to bring together a number of
cities and groups to look at these ideas more closely in the Accelerated Learning Sessions, the
first of which are scheduled for here in Europe for
the last three days of March.
program at http://monaco.newmobility.org.)
- Any leads as to groups, agencies or foundations that might like to
get behind this would also be right on.
- Finally, what about you? If this approach takes off, cities, including perhaps your city, are going to need help in order to create the projects and programs that need to be brought into this near term package. Do you think you might wish to take part in such a project when and if the opportunity arises (of core properly compensated for your time and ideas, it goes without saying).
That’s it. Perhaps it will be most efficient if you address your responses to me privately via eric.britton@.... Some of these we shall surely want to share with the group as a whole at some point, but my first thought is to keep your in-boxes reasonably free.
- I invite you to have a critical look and to let us know if your time and taste permits your ideas for making this a more striking presentation – bearing in mind that the bottom line in all this is to try to set off and possibly even support some city demonstrations of how this First Five Percent approach might actually be made to work.