Clinton Climate Initiative - support from New Mob

  • eric.britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2007

      Dear World Transport Friends and Colleagues,

      We are getting, I hope, close to having something in hand that we can shortly put into high public relief, taking as our point of departure how we might be able somehow to use the momentum and high visibility of the Clinton/Large Cities Climate programs to advance our shared agenda for transport in cities. We can target greenhouse gases, but we all know that our objectives extend way beyond that. To this end, I attach a copy of the Media Kit that we intend to send out shortly, with several thoughts in mind:

      1. I invite you to have a critical look and to let us know if your time and taste permits your ideas for making this a more striking presentation – bearing in mind that the bottom line in all this is to try to set off and possibly even support some city demonstrations of how this First Five Percent approach might actually be made to work.

      2. Ditto, your comments on the supporting web site at http://co2.newmobility.org

      3. You ideas for cities or groups that might help further test and prove these ideas and our insistence on low cost near term projects and programs that can make a difference.

      4. In a similar vein, we are hoping to bring together a number of cities and groups to look at these ideas more closely in the Accelerated Learning Sessions, the first of which are scheduled for here in Europe for the last three days of March.  (See Monaco program at http://monaco.newmobility.org.)

      5. Any leads as to groups, agencies or foundations that might like to get behind this would also be right on.

      6. Finally, what about you? If this approach takes off, cities, including perhaps your city, are going to need help in order to create the projects and programs that need to be brought into this near term package. Do you think you might wish to take part in such a project when and if the opportunity arises (of core properly compensated for your time and ideas, it goes without saying).

      That’s it. Perhaps it will be most efficient if you address your responses to me privately via  eric.britton@.... Some of these we shall surely want to share with the group as a whole at some point, but my first thought is to keep your in-boxes reasonably free.