New Mobility Agenda website overhaul - please critique

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2006
      Message

      Dear Friends,

      I have just spend much of the last week trying to make our New Mobility Agenda website at http://www.newmobility.org – the mother site, if you will of the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice --  into a friendlier and more useful place for you and anyone who might come here for help, information or insight. It has been quite hard work, and at one point as you can imagine one actually becomes a bit snow blind and can no longer make out the balance and clarity of all this. Hence this call for help and a bit of independent judgment.

      It is actually a rather busy site, with anywhere from 30 to 100 people a day dropping in, on occasions a lot more. Over the last two days, for example, we have had guests from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Pakistan, Puerto Rico, Serbia And Montenegro, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden , Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.  Which suggests to me that this is probably worth the work.

      So in this context I wonder if I might ask you to go in, play with it a bit as your time and interest allow, and then let me know via a private note your views -- and above all what you think we need to do here to make this into something more useful and easier to get around in.  Don’t spare me your toughest criticism. That’s just what we need.

      Likewise with the recent overhaul of  www.WorldTransportJournal.org . We are working hard for you. Work back!  Everybody wins.

      Kind thanks and I do hope you too find some use in this.