Road Pricing/Congestion Charging

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2006
      I give up. There has been so much interesting and animated discussion over these last months and weeks, and so much action going on in so many places, that we have decided today to open the first Accelerated Learning Sessions under the Sustainable Cities/New Mobility Policy Dialogues program that is to meet in Monaco in the last three days of March next, as well to make it into the subject of one of our very first Briefs under the New Mobility Advisory/Briefs program (http://newmobilitybriefs.org).

      The information and details on all this will be posted on the Monaco
      site at http://www.monaco.newmobility.org early next week, and in
      parallel on the Briefs site..

      As you most assuredly know this is one area of transport policy and
      practice in which there are a lot more opinions than solid information,
      and even more important informed perspective from the vantage of the
      decision makers who need to figure out if this might make sense for
      their cities. It is in this area that I think our group can make some
      very useful contributions. We have after all been looking at this for a
      very long time now and in such a wide range of places.

      Stay tuned, and please do share your thoughts and background peices on this with me in private, or if you feel it is appropriate with the group as a whole.