the carsharing/sustainability/public policy nexus

  • eric.britton@ecoplan.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 6:16 AM
      Dear More Philosophic Policy Types,

      If you turn to the latest edition of Yikes! (you'll see it in the top bar
      menu of our http://www.ecoplan.org/wtpp webpage), you will find a trio of
      thinkpieces that attempt to set out some thinking on the
      carsharing/sustainability/public policy nexus.

      I put this particular number of our informal e-mag before you today because
      at least some of those of us who worry over policy and practice in the
      transport field have in recent years come to believe that carsharing, by
      whatever name, may with appropriate policy support be used as an effective
      sustainability and sustainable transportation transition tool.

      So if any of you have the time and taste for this sort of thing, I would be
      very interested to hear what you have to say. In the interest of economy of
      time for all the busy people who come here to work, may I suggest that you
      mail your eventual remarks to me individually at
      eric.britton@.... Then, if the responses look like they may
      have a broader interest to the group, I can fashion them into a sort of
      single update piece, which we can then share with the others in one shot.

      With all good wishes,

      Eric Britton

      The @New Mobility Forum is permanently at http://newmobility.org
      The Commons ___Sustainable Development and Social Justice___
      Eric.Britton@... Tel: +331 4326 1323