Finland State of Logistics 2006
From: tapio.naula@... [mailto:tapio.naula@...]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 9:56 AM
We are happy to inform you that the "Finland - State of Logistics 2006" report is now available.
The Survey is commissioned by Ministry of Transport and Communications Finland and conducted by Turku School of Economics, Finland.
- 2,255 firms´ responses were gathered in March-April 2006 through a web-based survey (manufacturing, trading and logistics services). It is probably the largest database of its kind in the World.
- The survey covers key areas of logistics such as costs, IT usage and outsourcing.
- Logistics costs were on average 13 % of Finnish firms' turnover, equivalent of 26.4 billion euros. The figure is relatively high in international comparison.
- On average, Finnish firms scored well against international logistics performance indicators.
- Firms exposed to international competition scored far better than those operating domestically.
- Outsourcing of warehousing, inventory control and information logistics are expected to increase.
This is a unique link for one use only. Please do not distribute. The report is freely available requiring no registrations. After accessing the site you will be sent another link which can be distributed.Yours Sincerely, The project team:Tapio Naula, Lauri Ojala, Tomi SolakiviTurku School of Economics, LogisticsRehtorinpellonkatu 3FIN-20500 TurkuFinland