Re: WorldTransport Forum scenarios for mobility levels in 2050

  • John Thackara
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2006
      The archive of that summer course contains some excellent work. It's
      also a reminder that, for 90% of issues I ever encountered, the
      challenge is not getting people to do the work - but to make widely-
      known, work that has already been done.

      I don't want to distract people from answering John Whitelegg's
      request, but I do have a supplementary request of my own. One of the
      papers from that summer course, by Ryan Horton, mentions "under the
      radar" military or political actions to do with energy supplies.
      Horton quotes an event in Bolivia, for example, that I never heard
      about before:

      http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/CUTS/2050/energy.pdf

      We must all know of stories such as the one I received today about
      the battle over geothermal energy in Iceland, for example:

      http://www.savingiceland.org/

      My question is this: is someone already collecting and collating
      stories about these kinds of under the radar battles for control over
      energy and resources?

      John Thackara