SEA seeks a Sustainable Transport Project Officer

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2006
      Message

      Sustainable Transport Project Officer

      to work at the NGO consultancy

      Sustainable Energy Africa (based in Westlake, Cape Town)

      SEA is engaged in various projects focusing on sustainable cities, including supporting cities and provinces with sustainable transport strategies, building city staff capacity in sustainable transport, assessing transport projects for sustainability, and developing national networks between cities and national government to promote sustainable transport.  SEA’s focus comes from the increasing realisation that city, or even national sustainability cannot be achieved without also addressing these issues in the transport sector.

      SEA is looking for someone with relevant experience to join their sustainable transport team.  Do you have one or more of the following? :

      • A degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in a transport or urban planning related subject
      • Knowledge of issues linked to sustainability
      • Experience in transport planning and/or implementation
      • Advocacy interest and ability
      • A passion for being involved in promoting a sustainable solution to Cape Town and South Africa’s transport problems

      Ideally we’d like a mid-level professional, with a proven ability in project management.  He or she will be joining a dynamic team with a different approach to working in a “future normal” physical and social environment.  We like to reflect the society in which we want to live.

      Please send your CV with a letter of motivation or call Thandiwe on 021-702-3622 (email thandiwe@...) for more information

      Applications close on 19 May 2006.