Re: WorldTransport Forum (For comment) Fair Transport: A New Mobility Agenda ...

  • Tramsol@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2006
      Romney (BTW has UC-UK wound up - I never hear anything from Tapioca list these days) couldn't resist the urge to respond - there will surely be no need to aggressively 'price-out'  less sustainable modes, if by definition when these are paying their true costs on a level playing field, the price of using a non-sustainable option will always be greater than using a sustainable one.  Funny thing is that even with a skewed market it is still often cheaper and more effective to use a sustainable model of living (transport, energy use etc), especially if running costs only are considered.  The cheap cars and other capital costs that come down when volumes go up are one of the challenges we face - but with huge manufacturing facilities and skilled toolmakers and machinists being helpfully made available by the motor industry in Ryton and Longbridge in the UK and possibly Detroit in the US, we might look to producing home power stations or other mass produced sustainable energy and transport products (but not jokes like the Segway).

      Is it sustainable to put a pure hydro-carbon fluid on a hot oxidising unit rather than use it to modify surface tension on agitated hydrogen hydroxide?....

      Dave Holladay