Sustainable transportation in tongues

  • eric.britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006

      We have in the last few weeks begun a group definition of “sustainable transportation” in the English language version of the Wikipedia.  But it exists in dozens of other languages as well, and since it is rapidly emerging as a first or second stop shop for people trying to sort out new concepts and their place in this world, it strikes me that we should get ourselves together to take the entry that we have thus far developed at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_transportation -- and then hope that one of our number or someone who cares about sustainability in our daily lives, to help develop even better entries in French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Japanese, Urdu, Hindustani, Arabic  . . . And why does this list have to stop, eh?  (And yes of course also Esperanto.)

      Now what is great about the Wikipedia way of life is that these various language entries themselves can link – see the entry on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_development to see how that works.

      Thus, one thing that I have in mind is that if we do this and if those of us who have some language capacities can travel between the various language groups we can learn and bring over ideas and concepts that our particular entry may not yet have spotted and integrated.

      And if you do this, I would be very pleased if you could kindly keep us in the loop.

      Eric Britton

      PS. You will see if you do not already accept this: Self-Organizing Collaborative Networks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Organizing_Collaborative_Network) do or at least can be made to work!