Search for an Executive Director - The Centre for Sustainable Transportation

  • eric.britton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006

      Search for an Executive Director - The Centre for Sustainable Transportation

      The Centre for Sustainable Transportation

      A NATIONAL LEADERSHIP ROLE ON THE PATH TO THE FUTURE
      Canada’s future as an economically vibrant nation depends on the safe, affordable, accessible and environmentally responsible mobility of both people and goods. Founded in 1996, the Centre has earned international plaudits for its definition of sustainable transportation and for its ongoing commentary on the issue. As Canadian and international governments recognize the importance of harmonizing transportation systems with ecosystems, a vibrant economy and societal goals, you will lead the way as . . .

      EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

      With its new headquarters on the University of Winnipeg campus, The Centre for Sustainable Transportation is poised to take on an even more profound role in research, advocacy, public education and policy development. Your mission is to attract new members, new research projects and new attention to the cause. Plan, lead and build the Centre. Foster industry, government and community relationships. Be a lightning rod for changing opinions and legislation. Ensure that Canada is in the forefront of developing sustainable transportation solutions.

      As a visionary advocate, business developer and organizational builder, you may be in government, the private transportation sector or consulting today. Familiar with Canadian policy development and research, you have both strategic and operational credentials. You also have the potential to contribute to teaching and scholarship. Establish a legacy by leading the next wave in sustainable transportation.

      All responses to The Caldwell Partners are confidential.

      Please indicate your interest in Project 8232 through the Opportunities section of www.caldwell.ca, by email to resumes@..., or in writing to 2110 - 360 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3Z3.

    • Carlos F. Pardo SUTP
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
        When I read the suggestions from some of you regarding the available
        position in Canada being taken by Eric Britton, I thought this wouldn’t be
        something that he would be willing to do (anyway, I haven’t asked him so I’m
        not completely sure). However, I thought it may be a good idea to give him a
        hand with his current job as Ecoplan director, and look into any funding
        opportunities that we may know of. Once we discussed this and we thought it
        would be great if people would support the idea and "propose" Ecoplan as a
        fundable organization, rather than being Eric the one who would ask for the
        funding (actually, he currently has to pay everything out of his own
        pocket!). Is anyone agreeable on this? I guess we could see how to go on
        about this.

        Best regards,

        Carlos F. Pardo

        I wish Eric well,if he will be able to combine this
        new challenge with the New Mobility Agenda.
        Best regards,
        JOSHUA ODELEYE
        NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORT TECHNOLOGY,
        ZARIA,NIGERIA
        "eric.britton" <eric.britton@...> wrote:

        > Search for an Executive Director - The Centre for
        > Sustainable Transportation
        >

        > The Centre for Sustainable Transportation
        >
        > A NATIONAL LEADERSHIP ROLE ON THE PATH TO THE FUTURE
        > Canada's future as an economically vibrant nation
        > depends on the safe,
        > affordable, accessible and environmentally
        > responsible mobility of both
        > people and goods. Founded in 1996, the Centre has
        > earned international
        > plaudits for its definition of sustainable
        > transportation and for its
        > ongoing commentary on the issue. As Canadian and
        > international governments
        > recognize the importance of harmonizing
        > transportation systems with
        > ecosystems, a vibrant economy and societal goals,
        > you will lead the way as .
        > . .
        >
        > EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
        >
        > With its new headquarters on the University of
        > Winnipeg campus, The Centre
        > for Sustainable Transportation is poised to take on
        > an even more profound
        > role in research, advocacy, public education and
        > policy development. Your
        > mission is to attract new members, new research
        > projects and new attention
        > to the cause. Plan, lead and build the Centre.
        > Foster industry, government
        > and community relationships. Be a lightning rod for
        > changing opinions and
        > legislation. Ensure that Canada is in the forefront
        > of developing
        > sustainable transportation solutions.
        >
        > As a visionary advocate, business developer and
        > organizational builder, you
        > may be in government, the private transportation
        > sector or consulting today.
        > Familiar with Canadian policy development and
        > research, you have both
        > strategic and operational credentials. You also have
        > the potential to
        > contribute to teaching and scholarship. Establish a
        > legacy by leading the
        > next wave in sustainable transportation.
        >
        > All responses to The Caldwell Partners are
        > confidential.
        >
        > Please indicate your interest in Project 8232
        > through the Opportunities
        > section of www.caldwell.ca, by email to
        > resumes@..., or in writing
        > to 2110 - 360 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C
        > 3Z3.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        The New Mobility Agenda: A factory for ideas
        Permanently on line at http://NewMobility.org
        Free group video/voice-conferencing - http://newmobilitypartners.org

        Yahoo! Groups Links