Agents in Traffic and Transportation (workshop at aamas 06)

  • Behalf Of Ana Bazzan, bazzan inf.ufrgs.br
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28 9:59 AM
      Building effective and user-friendly transportation systems is one of
      the big challenges for engineers in the 21st century. The rapid change
      of location, enabled by plane, high-speed rail, sea and road travel,
      has constantly become easier and more natural. These days we travel
      without any of the difficulties that accompanied taking a trip less
      than a century ago. All we have to do is to organize and to pick up
      the transport mode that comes closest to our objectives. In much the
      same way, many new opportunities for the delivery of goods are being
      explored and commercially exploited.

      The purpose of this workshop is to bring researchers and practitioners
      together in order to set up visions on how agent technology can be and
      is used for today's isolated IT-tools so as to model, simulate, and
      manage large-scale complex transportation systems. Therefore, we are
      interested in research papers, case studies and practitioners' reports
      on the implementation and use of Autonomous Agents in all areas
      related to transportation, traffic and logistics. Besides running
      real-world applications, we are also interested in papers concerning
      demonstrators or testbed that are still under development. Conceptual
      papers and those reporting on particular components of transportation
      systems are also welcome.

      This is the fourth of a series of workshops: 2000 (with selected papers
      published by the journal Transportation Research C), 2001, and 2004 (with
      proceedings published in a book by Birkhäuser and selected and extended
      papers published in a special volume of Transportation Research C).

      Relevant topics include (but are not limited to):

      * agent-based applications in traffic,
      transportation, and logistics

      * agent-based approaches to modelling driver

      * coordination in multiagent transportation

      * agent-based simulation of transportation

      * intelligent peer-to-peer transportation

      * mobile devices and agents in transportation

      Submission Details

      Contributions should not exceed ten pages in English. Additional formatting
      will be given in time. Contributions should carry the title,
      author(s) name(s), and affiliation including e-mail address, and should
      an abstract. Electronic submission is highly recommended. Submissions are
      accepted as documents
      in PDF or compressed PostScript, only.

      Important Dates

      Paper submission deadline: January 15th, 2006
      Notifications of acceptance/rejection: February 19th, 2006
      Camera-ready copies due:
      Workshop Date: May 9th, 2006

      Organizing Commitee

      Ana L. C. Bazzan, UFRGS (Brazil)
      bazzan inf.ufrgs.br

      Brahim Chaib-draa, Université Laval (Canada)
      chaib ift.ulaval.ca
      Franziska Kluegl, Universitaet Wuerzburg (Germany)
      kluegl informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de

      Sascha Ossowski, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spain)
      sascha.ossowski urjc.es

      PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT http://ki.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~kluegl/att2006