Women's Transportation Issues in Developing Nations - Get involved in May/June Dialogue

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26 1:55 AM

      Dear Friends:  I very much hope that you will take the time to have a close look at this, and if possible to join their discussions. Our World Transport/New Mobility Agenda has for many years been firmly dedicated to increasing the participation and leadership roles of women in the transport dialogue. And here is a chance for us to prove it.

      We are pleased to invite the more than one thousand individuals and groups who are participating in the Kyoto World Cities Challenge and the World Transport/New Mobility Agenda and its several international programs, to join the dialogue which is being organized by the program on Mainstreaming Gender into the World Bank's Transport Sector. We hope you will chose to get involved and share your ideas and comments with the group, and in this way make your voice heard both within the GATNET program and in the immediate follow-on meeting of the Transportation Research Board's (TRB) Committee on Women's Issues in Transportation that is being convened in Boston in July.

      You will find full details on this at the Kyoto World Cities Challenge Initiative site at http://kyotocities.org, by clicking the Special Event/Transport Dialogue link on the left menu.

      The dialogue is organized in weekly themes as follows:

      • 23rd May 2005: The role of Transport in the Millennium Development Goals.
        Moderator: Jeff Turner. -- Click here for introduction
      • 30th May 2005: How ICT and technologies play a catalytic role in the support of integrating gender into transport projects for women in developing nations.
        Moderator: Eric Britton.
      • 6th June 2005: Examining Policy gaps - how to bridge the gap between transport policy and gender policy and translating policy into practice. Moderator: Nite Tanzarn.
      • 13th June 2005: Gendered Time Poverty: The role of transportation in women's economic empowerment.
        Moderator: Mamoeketsi Ntho.

      Make your voices heard.