Bogota Referendum - Results & Feedback possibilities

  • ecopl@n.adsl
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2000
      Dear Colleagues,

      This is to let you know that we have just created a full fledged Web site in
      support of the Sunday referendum in Bogotá which you can now freely access
      at http://ecoplan.org/votebogota2000. The main immediate interest of the
      site will be seen in the topmost items on the menu bar, including . . .

      * The Quick Poll - collecting yours and our best guesses concerning the
      outcome of the Sunday vote
      * The "World Support" section -- where you will find all of the messages of
      support that have thus far come in to us and to the Mayor's office, and
      which are being used in the media campaign to garner further public support
      * A "Quick Background" section - that explains the Referendum and some of
      the main points of background to it.

      For the rest you will note that the menu also provides leads to Bogotá's
      first car free day of last February 24th, and to the tools and programs of
      the @World Car Free Day program more generally. It is those three top items
      which are, however, most timely and important in the present context.

      Can we encourage you to check in and join the survey with your estimates?
      Imagine if there is a very strong vote of public support? Imagine the
      implications?

      In closing I would like to thank all of you who have so quickly added your
      voices, and to encourage those of you who have not yet had the time to do so
      to consider joining us. There are few better causes on the world transport
      scene.

      Regards,

      Eric Britton

      ecopl@n ___ technology, economy, society ___
      Eric.Britton@... URL www.ecoplan.org
      Telephone +331 4326 1323
      Voice/Videoconference +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
      Fax + Voicemail: +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)