Next steps in The Commons. Thanks for lending a hand.

  • EcoPlan, Paris
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2004
      Dear Friends,

      As I believe most of you are aware, the World Transport/New Mobility Agenda
      program is a lively sub-set of something called The Commons, which you may
      have visited at one point but which, like the New Mobility Agenda in fact,
      is in the process of a major overhaul and expansion. By way of quick
      reminder here in a few words is what we have to say about the job that The
      Commons has taken upon itself to do:

      “The Commons Open Society Sustainability Initiative: Seeking out and
      supporting new sustainability concepts for business, entrepreneurs,
      activists, community groups, and government; a thorn in the side of hesitant
      administrators and politicians; and through our joint efforts, energy and
      personal choices, placing them and ourselves firmly on the path to a more
      sustainable and more just society”.

      Against this backdrop, I would like to invite you to give us a few minutes
      of your valuable time and click over to The Commons at http://ecoplan.org
      <http://ecoplan.org/>, where you will see three new sections concerning
      which I would greatly appreciate your advice and suggestions:

      1.      Talking Sustainability: The first is toward the bottom of the left
      menu under World Outreach/Talking Sustainability.  Here we would like to
      build up a collection of links to lively news and discussion groups that are
      trying to take an ordinal and useful whack at the sustainability
      problematique world wide . . . and in particular of course from a more
      activist 'policy and practice' perspective, as opposed to longer term
      research, hand wringing, what have you.  Kindest thanks for getting back to
      us on this so that we can make it a stronger resource.

      2.      A day at the office:  This link you will see on the top menu takes
      you to a new idea concerning which I would also like your counsel.  As you
      will see if you click to it, the idea behind it is to give whoever comes
      into The Commons a feel for the kind of rich flow of ideas and materials
      that pass through here.. and the number of exceptional people and groups who
      are working hard at their corner of the sustainability agenda in their
      patch.  What do you think? Is this useful? Do you have any suggestions for
      new topics, etc.?

      3.      World Sustainability Resources:  Suggestions? Are you there? Your
      favorite site or group?

      Thanks for giving a hand in this.  The results will, or should one would
      hope, serve us all well.

      Best,