RE: [New Mobility/WorldTransport Forum] Taxis at night and safe t ransport for women.

  • Derek Scrafton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2004
      Eric,

      Good response - funny how we create reforms in all sorts of transport, for
      better or worse, yet the taxis in many cities remain bogged down with the same
      old constraints, and an unwillingness to open up the sector. Fortunately, lots
      of alternatives appear, and, as your note points out, will continue to do so in
      new and dramatic ways.

      Your note reminded me to pass on my best wishes for the Christmas season and
      for another good year for Ecoplan.
      I had a 'slow' year in 2004, after a heaert by-pass in March No attacks or
      pain, just precautionary surgery, but it took a while to recover.

      I still see Phil every couple of weeks fpr coffee and a chat - he asks to be
      remembered to you.

      Derek.----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Professor Derek Scrafton
      Transport Systems Centre