Rehab and overhaul of our Web site - call for suggestions

  • EcoPlan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2000
      Dear Friends,

      We are presently in the process of a radical revision and upgrading of our
      Web sites, and would like to invite you to share with us your comments and
      ideas so that the final version reflects both our combined needs and, one
      might help, combined wisdom. The basic model that we propose to use for all
      programs in the weeks ahead can be seen in a working version at the home
      page of The Commons at http://ecoplan.org I would be grateful if you would
      take the time to have a look, explore it a bit, and get back to us with your
      reactions and suggestions for further improvements.

      Here are some of the things we have in mind in moving to this new format:

      1. Creation of a nice tight presentation format and avoiding 'menu jumble'
      (which occurs when they get so long and involved that no one can ever recall
      where they have been and why).

      2. Better and clearer leads to the many tools that are available for those
      who wish to explore the various program areas --- including further
      highlighting and explanation of the new Search engine which, since it's
      quite powerful, needs rather careful use if it is to provide its full
      benefits.

      3. Improved ability to navigate and understand how a number of these
      programs are in fact linked in ways that can be useful. Thus for example,
      even if your immediate target interest is carsharing or car free days, the
      potential for cross-learning and consultation of both The Commons and the
      @ccess on the Web sites can be considerable.

      So there you have it. The final product will be as useful as we all make
      it. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for taking the time
      to share your comments with us.

      (In the interest of avoiding information overload for all the busy people
      who receive this group mail, may we ask you to address your comments via
      'private pouch' to SiteRehab@.... Kind thanks.)

      Eric Britton

      The Commons ___ technology, economy, society ___
      Eric.Britton@... URL www.ecoplan.org
      Mobile: +336 80 96 78 79
      Voice/Videoconference +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
      Voicemail/Fax hotline: Europe +331 5301 2896
      Voicemail/Fax hotline: North America +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)