WBCSD mobility report - some useful context

  • eric.britton@ecoplan.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2004

      Thursday, July 08, 2004, Paris, France, Europe

      We shall shortly be organizing here a framework for a more structured and ambitious discussion of this report, with an eye to seeing what we might be able to do to use its momentum to achieve some very practical near-term sustainability objectives.  In the meantime, here is a good background piece by the Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP, www.ieep.org.uk) for your consideration:

      Mobility Services: Setting the policy framework project, First Year Report
      The first year report of IEEP's Mobility Services project, funded by the Volvo Research Foundations, is now available. The report explores what we mean by the term 'mobility service' in the context of future urban sustainable transport by reviewing the literature and practical experience in the mobility and other service sectors.

      Link: http://www.ieep.org.uk/PDFfiles/PUBLICATIONS/Review%20of%20Mobility%20Services%20March%202004.pdf

      Note: This report was funded by an auto manufacturer.  Food for thought in this context?

      With all good wishes,

      Eric Britton

      The Commons                __ technology, economy, society__

      Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara

      75006 Paris, France, Europe

      T: +331 4326 1323   Fax/Voicemail hotline: +331 5301 2896

      W : http://www.ecoplan.org     IP Videoconference: 81.65.50.149

      E: Eric.Britton@... Personal webpage: www.EricBritton.org

      --- Outgoing mail certified Virus Free.  Checked by Norton Anti-Virus.  Version 9.05.15

      "The Commons: Increasing the uncomfort zone for hesitant administrators and politicians, pioneering new concepts for activists, community groups, entrepreneurs and business, and through our joint efforts, energy and personal choices,  placing them and ourselves firmly on the path to a more sustainable and more just society."