RE: [New Mobility/WorldTransport Forum] Ken Livingston WTN Nominations text - for final comment

  • Cousins, Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2004
      Eric - I'm a big fan of Ken, so I've made a couple of suggestions for the first para ! please feel completely free to disregard as you see fit !!! Steve

      . . .

      E. Britton 2004 WTN Environment Award Nomination

      Ken Livingston, the Mayor of London, has made an enormous contribution to quality of life in our cities over the last year by showing the courage and perspicacity to plan and execute Europe's first major congestion charging project. [Cousins, Steve] Importantly he has carried the people of London with him in this project and he has now been re-elected as Mayor to continue and expand the system. Call it a path-showing hands-on application of the "polluter pays" principle[Cousins, Steve] which has reclaimed the city's environment for its people and its visitors. It is for this reason that I am proud to nominate him for the 2004 WTN Environment Award.