Majornas Car Cooperative.pdf -- Brilliant!!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2000
      Dear Friends,

      If the purpose of this virtual club is to educate ourselves and each other,
      then our Swedish friends at the Majornas Car Cooperative have once again
      proved the principle. If you go to the Public Library on @World CarShare at
      http://www.ecoplan.org/carshare today, you will find a PDF file by that name
      which offers a splendid, thoughtful, very well written overview of their
      carshare project as well as the state of the art more generally. For me it
      is a highly useful piece which among other things makes me think again about
      many of those many small things that add up to make the difference between
      failure and success.

      Their treatment and discussion of using an Internet booking system is
      especially valuable, and I am sure that every one of our members who runs a
      carshare operation is going to read and benefit from this.

      And their recommendations to government and use of the media are well
      worth... more than just our attention.

      The Majornas team is not the first to share such valuable materials with us
      all, and I can only hope that we will all be inspired by their terrific
      example and from time to time think to do the same.

      In closing, I would now like to invite comment and questions on this
      presentation.

      Eric Britton

      PS. The Web site for the Majornas project is at
      http://www.majornas-bilkoop.se/. This will give you an opportunity to
      improve your Swedish.

      ecopl@n ___ technology, economy, society ___
      Eric.Britton@... URL www.ecoplan.org
      Mobile: +336 80 96 78 79
      Voice/Videoconference +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
      Voicemail/Fax hotline: Europe +331 5301 2896
      Voicemail/Fax hotline: North America +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)